Newbie Questions on Features

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 04:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
2024 GLE580
Newbie Questions on Features

Hi all,
I've had my 2020 E63s wagon for about a month and have learned a lot from you all so far! Two things I can't seem to sort out are the map updates and the auto lock function.

Cars been trying to download and install the v24 map update for weeks now and it still hasn't completed. Does seem to be making progress each time I check but it seems to be holding at 98%. Is this expected? Any way to force it to complete already?

Other thing I can't figure out is the auto lock setting. Setting is turned on but car doesn't auto lock when I'm driving or when I walk away with the key in my hand as I would expect. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Fresh back from a full matte ppf, window tint and ceramic coating

Loving the AMG performance seats and the extra carbon in the interior. Just feels so special

The following 2 users liked this post by 1car-nut:
joshuapace (07-23-2023), Roweraay (07-23-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
try updating by downloading maps on an USB Stick via pc
the car should lock when you drive away (if feature turned on), but NOT when you walk away (you have to either touch the handle or use key)
The following users liked this post:
Bfgslkman (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 06:20 AM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
First thing to do is to disable auto map updates. In Command cars you scroll full right to Settings and then Software and then Auto Update. I suspect MBUX is similar but as I don't have one can't comment further. In Europe we have MercedesMe App (for our phones) and your car data is created in the phone by setting up a user account on your Mercedes UK, Germany etc desktop website. Once set up you go to your account and can then manually download onto an SD card or USB stick the update and then you plug it in the car. My last EU wide update was 42Gb(!!) and took about 4 hrs to download (and I am on a full fibre to house 250MB/S connection) and about 90 mins to transfer to the car. For comparrison my car decided to do an auto update and it took about 6 hrs of driving for a 280Mb update.

Hope this helps?