E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2017 E400 Wagon Windshield washer pump leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 E400 Wagon
2017 E400 Wagon Windshield washer pump leak

I assumed my leak was the pump grommet, however, it appears to be this part. I'm having difficulty finding the part number for this. It may be specific to the wagon because of it's rear wiper. It appears to be separate from the pump. The dealer has been no help. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2023, 08:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e250 e550 450sel 280e e400
I had the same problem and you can’t buy that part individually. You will have to buy the entire pump assembly.
Old 09-23-2023, 11:02 PM

2017 E400 Wagon
Does that mean the pump and this part, as a unit? Or does that mean all the two tubes that come off either side of the white doohickey as well? If the white part and just the pump come together, great! Now my dealer just has to find the right part. The doohickey doesn’t seem to show. Do you have a wagon as well? Maybe it’s unique to the wagon (with the rear wiper). Thanks!
Old 09-24-2023, 07:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e250 e550 450sel 280e e400
Originally Posted by lloydhowse
Does that mean the pump and this part, as a unit? Or does that mean all the two tubes that come off either side of the white doohickey as well? If the white part and just the pump come together, great! Now my dealer just has to find the right part. The doohickey doesn’t seem to show. Do you have a wagon as well? Maybe it’s unique to the wagon (with the rear wiper). Thanks!
That is correct. The pump and that white part come as one unit. The two tubes will pull off the white part once you remove the clips. Just take a picture of your vin and head to the dealer. They will look up the part that way. I have a E400 wagon, it’s my redneck pickup. FYI, I just had the fuse blow for the rear air springs. Don’t know why, but the entire system checked out and haven’t had a problem since I changed the fuse. I tested the relay and pump and both were fine. This might save you some time in the future if this happens to you.
Old 09-24-2023, 02:01 PM

2017 E400 Wagon
Thanks for your help on this. I put everything back together with a new grommet on the pump/reservoir, which I initially expected was leaking. There is no puddle this morning, perhaps I got lucky. I had seen a drip from that white part when I disassembled it.
I had the rear struts replaced way too early about 40,000 miles, no explanation, but they were clunking. My general tire wear seems unreasonable with cupping and replacement needed under 30,000 miles. Alignment doesn’t seem to help. I’ve seen this on my previous Benz wagons, still hard to accept. Thanks again.