E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Options for Spare tire for Run flat/Extended Mobility Tires.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 11:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 M-B E400 4Matic Wagon AMG-Line
The spare from Amazon was delayed until this coming Wednesday but I was out looking at the space this morning and I'm a little unclear on how this is going to work. There's an open space on the driver's side of the well but a large "rigid felt" box that completely fills the passenger side of the well. Not sure if there's anything under that box but it was too cold (17*) to spend much time fiddling with it. Also, it seems unlikely that the spare will slide under the metal brace that runs longitudinally in the well; I'm guessing this brace is to provide strength for the little ones standing on the well floor. Do you have to remove that brace?

If anybody has done this with a wagon and could chime in, that would be great.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 M-B E400 4Matic Wagon AMG-Line
Even if the brace and that "felt box" wasn't there, the cavity is not wide enough/deep enough to fit the donut spare in there.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
So in my E450, different trunk config than yours, I just used the well under the felt cover for the tools, compressor and jack. I rachet strapped the spare down against the rear seats using the rear D rings. While not ideal I can still easily fit two rollaboards and backpacks in there plus other sundries if needed.