E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Quick Trip Gas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 E 350
Quick Trip Gas

Does anyone have any inside information about where Quick Trip gets its gas? I like the price , but am a little worried about the quality, . The other day I was sitting in my doctors waiting room and looked out the window to see a tanker dropping off a load of gas at a Shell Station… when he was finished, he drove accross the street to a Quick Trip and started dropping off fuel there… Of course, with many different sections in a truck, this could mean. Nothing, but it looked a little suspicious to me.

any body wants to comment?
Thanks. Grandpa Bill

Old 02-23-2024, 09:19 PM

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by Grandpa Bill
Does anyone have any inside information about where Quick Trip gets its gas? I like the price , but am a little worried about the quality, . The other day I was sitting in my doctors waiting room and looked out the window to see a tanker dropping off a load of gas at a Shell Station… when he was finished, he drove accross the street to a Quick Trip and started dropping off fuel there… Of course, with many different sections in a truck, this could mean. Nothing, but it looked a little suspicious to me.

any body wants to comment?
Thanks. Grandpa Bill
That is a complicated question.
Quick Trip is a convenience store company who owns hundreds of sites and probably has supply agreements with more than one refiner. All refiners must meet strict quality standards and there is a rating system. Quick Trip was rated "top tier" (don't know if they still are). You might look here:
https://www.toptiergas.com/gasoline-brands/
Old 02-23-2024, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
As said above, the no-name gas stations get their fuel from various refiners. Generally whoever gives it to them the cheapest. From the looks of it Quick Trip is no longer on the Top Tier brands list. Costco maintains Top Tier rating for whatever fuel they sell for example.

Fundamentally, gasoline is gasoline. The differentiation is in the additives that gives it the octane, such as the ethanol content and the various detergents that keep the engine healthy. MB recommends Top Tier fuels as they have the minimum recommended additives to keep the fuel injectors from clogging etc.

Last edited by superswiss; 02-23-2024 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:31 PM

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by superswiss
As said above, the no-name gas stations get their fuel from various refiners. Generally whoever gives it to them the cheapest. From the looks of it Quick Trip is no longer on the Top Tier brands list. Costco maintains Top Tier rating for whatever fuel they sell for example.

Fundamentally, gasoline is gasoline. The differentiation is in the additives that gives it the octane, such as the ethanol content and the various detergents that keep the engine healthy. MB recommends Top Tier fuels as they have the minimum recommended additives to keep the fuel injectors from clogging etc.
Sorry for the crappy screenshot, but it looks like they are still on the Top Tier list. Check for the sticker on the dispenser, then Buy with confidence ...or not.

Old 02-24-2024, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Cao Black
Sorry for the crappy screenshot, but it looks like they are still on the Top Tier list. Check for the sticker on the dispenser, then Buy with confidence ...or not.
Ah I used OP's spelling since I'm not familiar with QuikTrip. No c in Quik.