E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

touch pad retrofit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E550 4MATIC / 2019 E53 4MATIC
touch pad retrofit?

Hi all I have a 2019 E53, I feel like the touch pad is outdated and I have seen the newer ones and I like them. Have any of you tried to retro fit it I have seen some on Ali baba that says plug and play and I want to try them but I do not know if they work, has anyone done it, does it need any type of tuning or is it plug and play,
also any recommendation on dashcams i have seen the integrated ones and I do like them but i need more opinions about it
here is an example.

this is what Im thinking of buying

this is what I am talking about
Old 03-02-2024, 08:52 PM

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by Belal
Hi all I have a 2019 E53, I feel like the touch pad is outdated and I have seen the newer ones and I like them. Have any of you tried to retro fit it I have seen some on Ali baba that says plug and play and I want to try them but I do not know if they work, has anyone done it, does it need any type of tuning or is it plug and play,
also any recommendation on dashcams i have seen the integrated ones and I do like them but i need more opinions about it
here is an example.

this is what Im thinking of buying

this is what I am talking about
I have the 4K dash cam front and rear 1080 see attached of front only. Works great and fantastic videos. Plug and play, installs in 10 minutes. I’m actually going to get OEM touchpad once I upgrade to MBUX. If you have touch screen then the touchpad is worth it, if you don’t then may not work as well not having the dial.

4K DashCam
The following users liked this post:
Belal (03-02-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 04:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
So I agree that the touch pad config in the center console is really cumbersome. That said without a touchscreen, I'd need a solution has some sort of a touch pad in the center console. The only other fix would be swapping out my non touch screen to a touch screen and then get rid of the touch pads on the center console but unless there is truly a plug and play solution that'll accomplish both issues, my sense is that it probably isn't worth the bother for me.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by City Rat
. That said without a touchscreen, I'd need a solution has some sort of a touch pad in the center console. .......
but unless there is truly a plug and play solution that'll accomplish both issues, my sense is that it probably isn't worth the bother for me.
the one I put in the picture has a touch pad center console, my question is is it plug and play, they did not respond to me, because if it is. It looks good and OEM and it would be better.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:41 PM

Received 137 Likes on 104 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Regarding the integrated dashcam, is your sample Fitcamx?
They have a web site...Fitcamx.com, and they are sold on Amazon...
Amazon Amazon
, where you can read (real???) customer reviews.
Old 04-11-2024, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cao Black
Regarding the integrated dashcam, is your sample Fitcamx?
They have a web site...Fitcamx.com, and they are sold on Amazon...https://www.amazon.com/Suitable-Merc...=sr_1_3?sr=8-3, where you can read (real???) customer reviews.
fit cam is literally buying these from alibaba and rebranding them. I would rather buy directly from source
what I mainly care about is the touch pad if it works or not
Old 04-11-2024, 04:12 PM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E300 4Matic Sport
I don't know a thing about the dash-cam aspect of this -- but for the touch-pad, I like the replacement one far better than the standard one that comes with the E-class. Thanks for posting these.

Trending Topics

Old 04-11-2024, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by BoMB
I don't know a thing about the dash-cam aspect of this -- but for the touch-pad, I like the replacement one far better than the standard one that comes with the E-class. Thanks for posting these.
is it plug and play? Some people said yes others said you need a tune, and some people said it works normal except for Android auto it does not. What's your perspective and where did you buy it from?
Old 04-11-2024, 06:09 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
2020 E53 AMG
For what it's worth, I am experimenting with a new Carlinkit Tbox. Without the rotary dial you wouldn't be able to access some functions. Not something most will worry about but if you're carplay/android autoing it the rotary is useful and would be a problem if no touchscreen.
The following users liked this post:
Belal (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 09:58 PM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Belal
is it plug and play? Some people said yes others said you need a tune, and some people said it works normal except for Android auto it does not. What's your perspective and where did you buy it from?
I didn't buy it...I was just saying I like it, meaning I like the look! If it was plug and play, guaranteed to work, didn't need to be re-programmed or tuned, I'd do it. However, I've heard that "tuning" voids your warranty, so, no, not for me, LOL.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
W213 (A238) E53 AMG Cabriolet
The new touch pad looks way better. Having the cabriolet, we have the touchscreen, touchpad and idrive wheel all to do the same thing!
Old 07-19-2024, 03:57 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63S,2016 C63 S Edition 1 Coupe(gone), 2011 640D M Sports Coupe, 2015 435i M Sports Coupe
Originally Posted by Abzynthe
The new touch pad looks way better. Having the cabriolet, we have the touchscreen, touchpad and idrive wheel all to do the same thing!
i have tried two touchpads from diffrent suppliers to fit to my 2018 W213 E63S the pad worked well in both normal screen and Apple carPlay the only problem with of the. was when the touchpad was plug in to car it made the mode buttons either side function strangle ie the park/camera button would not work at all, the M button would turn on when one press of the start button was pressed this should be off until pressed when engine is running. The exshaust button and auto stop button would come on when engine started the surspension light would only ever show one light ie sports surspension but would not light up the second light ie sports plus surspension although it changed the surspension setting on screen one light would alway be on so end up sending it back. So would like to know if anyone has successfully managed to change the orginal wheel and touchpad to new type and everything has worked correctly on a 2018 to 2021 E63S let me know where you bought it from👍 because I hate the orginal wheel and touchpad because on right had drive cars you can’t see the set of buttons to the left of it which is the manual, traction and surspension buttons which is a pain in the *** when you want to change any settings.
Old 07-19-2024, 06:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
Originally Posted by michael640D
i have tried two touchpads from diffrent suppliers to fit to my 2018 W213 E63S the pad worked well in both normal screen and Apple carPlay the only problem with of the. was when the touchpad was plug in to car it made the mode buttons either side function strangle ie the park/camera button would not work at all, the M button would turn on when one press of the start button was pressed this should be off until pressed when engine is running. The exshaust button and auto stop button would come on when engine started the surspension light would only ever show one light ie sports surspension but would not light up the second light ie sports plus surspension although it changed the surspension setting on screen one light would alway be on so end up sending it back. So would like to know if anyone has successfully managed to change the orginal wheel and touchpad to new type and everything has worked correctly on a 2018 to 2021 E63S let me know where you bought it from👍 because I hate the orginal wheel and touchpad because on right had drive cars you can’t see the set of buttons to the left of it which is the manual, traction and surspension buttons which is a pain in the *** when you want to change any settings.
The issues that you raise and are experiencing with the retro fit of the touchpad also speak to a larger issue, i.e., has anyone found an upgrade to the head unit, which I suspect will also impact the controls now. For me I 100% agree with you on the redundancy of the dials and touchpads. I have a 2019 E450 biturbo and my brother is leasing a 2024 E 300 which does away with redundant control surfaces. Second, one of the first things that I upgrade in any car is the head unit. Usually, it is to get an updated user interface, as we are discussing and equally important to me to give me more control over the sound, specifically, quality of high end, mids and bass. In this car it means adding a subwoofer as I have no qualms with the tweeters and mids but hate that my bass is sound engineered in. Not looking to add some non-sense gigantic sub box filled with a crap product used by kids who want to have annoying loud parties. There are some nice, low profile subs that I've used as direct replacements for MBZ factory subs that fit in factory enclosures and work like a charm that I'd like to use. All of that said, I fear that the sound system is now so integrated into other car functions that trying to upgrade or replace it will encounter all of the same issues that you are having by trying to replace just the touchpads.
So to add on to your request:
1- has anyone successfully replaced the multiple interface touchpads?
2- has anyone successfully replaced the head unit?
3- (here this is me throwing my hands up surrendering) has anyone been able to successfully wire in a subwoofer to either the existing head unit or added the sub via wiring in a small auxillary amp and sub to the existing MBZ factory system in 2019 -2024 E class vehicles.