W213 - Media really slow and non responsive most of the times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w213 2020
Exclamation W213 - Media really slow and non responsive most of the times

Hello,

I''am facing a multimedia problem on my W213 2020 E CLASS ,whenever i start my car i will need to wait 10+ minutes so that i can use the media properly like to connect my phone or to starting the navigation or play whatever is simply impossible. I already changed my Headunit having zero improvements with the new one. Did somebody have a similar problem and if yes what was your solution ?

Old 06-15-2024, 06:49 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
2020 E53 AMG
You've already replaced the head unit so I have to presume you've ruled out other devices like ear buds or wireless speakers or something high jacking your Bluetooth somehow.

It wasn't a Mercedes issue, but on my Jaguar XFR I had the Bluetooth module go. Basically it was a box that included the Bluetooth subsystem, I pulled it out and threw in a Volvo wrecker part with the same part number and all was good.

I'd figure out if the Bluetooth is seperate or integrated and what box it sits in. Guessing it's in the head-unit that was replaced but worth a bit of thought.

I have seen this message a few times in my otherwise fine '20.
Old 06-15-2024, 09:45 AM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
My 2018 W218 doesn't have this issue at all. My phone is connected before I can back out of the garage even if it doesn't show on the screen. I know this because I've gotten calls a couple times just as I pressed the engine start button and the calls were on bluetooth.

I can't believe the dealer replaced your infotainment unit and didn't keep working to fix the problem. Are you still under warranty? Were you under warranty when you took it to the dealer the first time for this problem?