E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

E450 wagon and all terrain tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E450 wagon
E450 wagon and all terrain tires?

This will be a bit of an odd question but I知 wondering about all terrain tires or something close to them for my E450 wagon. I知 coming from two decades of owning and running jeeps and using things like the BFG AT, Cooper AT, and General Tire. For context, I live a fair way down a gravel road. Most of my local travelling is gravel roads as well, although in the end I end up on highways and most of the miles on my vehicle so far are highway miles with long trips (25k in 8 months so far). I guess my biggest concern is a flat or a blowout in the backcountry. I know that BFG has something like 10 ply tires, but I知 really not sure high-performance tires or run flats would give me the same kind of protection.

Here痴 the question: has anybody put a more aggressive tire on one of these vehicles and if so, what did you use and how did it work?

And just in case someone is inclined, please don稚 tell me to go back to Jeep or that I bought the wrong vehicle for what I知 using it for. Once I drove the E450 there痴 no way I知 ever going back to another vehicle lol.

Last edited by pajerry; Today at 12:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
M. Schneider (Today)