E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

E400 2018 Rear center jacking location.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E400 4 matics
E400 2018 Rear center jacking location.

Hi there, just wish to see if someone could help me to have a proper way to lift the rear of my E400 2018 from the center, thus I can put jack stands there for change the rear diff oil or other services. I am not feeling good to lift from the diff, I have checked the magnect does not attach to it, not a cast iron diff body, and the subframe seems very slim and quite close to the diff, pad of the jack seems wont go through. Thank you.
Old Today, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 579 Likes on 438 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by redsmayday
Hi there, just wish to see if someone could help me to have a proper way to lift the rear of my E400 2018 from the center, thus I can put jack stands there for change the rear diff oil or other services. I am not feeling good to lift from the diff, I have checked the magnect does not attach to it, not a cast iron diff body, and the subframe seems very slim and quite close to the diff, pad of the jack seems wont go through. Thank you.
Here is what I would do:

First I would block the front wheels. From the right side, lift the car and put a jack stand under the car. Then go to the left side, lift it and put a jack stand under it.

Two blocks of wood, one jack and two jack stands and your car is lifted to work on your rear differential.
Old Today, 10:25 AM

E400 4 matics
Originally Posted by JTK44
Here is what I would do:

First I would block the front wheels. From the right side, lift the car and put a jack stand under the car. Then go to the left side, lift it and put a jack stand under it.

Two blocks of wood, one jack and two jack stands and your car is lifted to work on your rear differential.
Thank you for your reply, my concern is where can I lift the car with Jack for me to put the jack stand(s) to support the car. As you said from "right side", the rear right side seems to me has only one jacking point on the edge, if I use that jacking point, the stand will has no where to be positioned.
Old Today, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 579 Likes on 438 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by redsmayday
Thank you for your reply, my concern is where can I lift the car with Jack for me to put the jack stand(s) to support the car. As you said from "right side", the rear right side seems to me has only one jacking point on the edge, if I use that jacking point, the stand will has no where to be positioned.
Jacking points are to prevent movement. When you go to a shop they lift the car at four points. They of course do not engage the actual jacking point.

Once the car is up, you will find a secure place to put the jack stands.
Old Today, 03:47 PM

E400 4 matics
Originally Posted by JTK44
Jacking points are to prevent movement. When you go to a shop they lift the car at four points. They of course do not engage the actual jacking point.

Once the car is up, you will find a secure place to put the jack stands.
Thank you, JTK44, I now fully understand your point, as long as the car is jacked up, put the stand under where it will make the car lifted stable, it will work. Say I jack up right side from the edge jacking point with the Jack, where should I put the the stands, the subframe or axle? The subframe is very slim and axle is covered by plastic shield.