E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Grill on luxury bumper replacement need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercades Benz E-300
Grill on luxury bumper replacement need help

Hey guys, today was a tough day. I hit a small dear and it cracked a piece of plastic on my grill. For my 2017 Mercedes Benz e300. In all honesty I’m grateful it wasn’t worse. However, It did crack the grill a bit. I have the luxury style bumper and hood with the floating Mercedes logo sticking out of the top of the hood. My brother has a 2018 Mercedes Benz e300 and recently he changed out his grill from the horizontal line grill to a vertical line grill. It looks much better and is much more sporty. However, when I do research for grill replacements for my car or other options to add a different look I can not find much info. I once saw a guy with a e300 similar to mine he has had the luxury style hood and bumper

but he did change out his grill and the car looked exactly like an S class from the front.

If anyone has any good links to grill replacements that would work and look good on my 2017 luxury looks package e300 it would help me a ton.

Also if you had any videos or resources for how to go about changing that grill out yourself please let me know. I’ve seen quite a few videos but they are all for the regular sporty looking grill and bumper. I have yet to see one done on my type of set up and I’m wondering if there is a big difference in the process of changing them out.

Anyways I am greatful I was safe and my car is mostly fine but any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

damaged grill

type of grill and bumper I currently have.

Last edited by Anthonycova; 08-30-2024 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-30-2024, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 596 Likes on 452 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by Anthonycova
Hey guys, today was a tough day. I hit a small dear and it cracked a piece of plastic on my grill. For my 2017 Mercedes Benz e300. In all honesty I’m grateful it wasn’t worse. However, It did crack the grill a bit. I have the luxury style bumper and hood with the floating Mercedes logo sticking out of the top of the hood. My brother has a 2018 Mercedes Benz e300 and recently he changed out his grill from the horizontal line grill to a vertical line grill. It looks much better and is much more sporty. However, when I do research for grill replacements for my car or other options to add a different look I can not find much info. I once saw a guy with a e300 similar to mine he has had the luxury style hood and bumper

but he did change out his grill and the car looked exactly like an S class from the front.

If anyone has any good links to grill replacements that would work and look good on my 2017 luxury looks package e300 it would help me a ton.

Also if you had any videos or resources for how to go about changing that grill out yourself please let me know. I’ve seen quite a few videos but they are all for the regular sporty looking grill and bumper. I have yet to see one done on my type of set up and I’m wondering if there is a big difference in the process of changing them out.

Anyways I am greatful I was safe and my car is mostly fine but any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

damaged grill

type of grill and bumper I currently have.
I am a bit confused: you wrote:

Is the look you want the S Class. If it is then the grill you have, the luxury is correct.

What exactly do you want to change? the grill and/or bumper?

In either event keep in mind the driving aids found in both the bumper and grill will have to be reprogramed and adapting from luxury to sport can be quite expensive.

Think your insurance will cover the cost of replacement, but doubt it will cover the cost changing.

Hope this helps.