E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Issues so far with 2021 W213 Facelift E400D 4M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2024 | 05:19 PM

W213 Facelift 2021 E400D 4Matic
Issues so far with 2021 W213 Facelift E400D 4M

Bought in Feb 2023 from official dealer in an EU country with 24k km. Now at 92k km. Mostly an 8-8.5/10 car, but here are my issues with the car so far:
  1. System shows a rear right turn signal error and the signal blinks faster on the dash even though the light works completely fine outside. Took it to dealership, they said they did a software update, still same issue. Happens on every 7th or 8th ignition or so, lasts for about 15-20 minutes then goes away. Mostly noticed it happen when it’s rainy or after washing the car.
  2. Parking sensors (360 camera) shows unfunctional error (button is red) every 20th ignition or so and will show red until car is turned off and on again. Also mostly noticed it happen when it’s rainy.
  3. Worst infotainment I’ve seen in a luxury car. The navigation is extremely slow to zoom out/in. Album cover rarely loads correctly when connecting iPhone over BT and playing from Spotify (on the phone the cover shows always, app is not set to offline mode).
  4. Navigation only updates for Germany as the car was imported from there. All other countries have 2020 version maps (visible when checking maps versions in navigation settings). No way to update them manually without taking car to dealership every few months or so which is borderline insane for a car of luxury status. All Mercedes Me functions including online updates and online map updates are bought, but still missing so many new roads and roundabouts and bridges, especially noticeable in the Balkan countries.
  5. Since 7 days ago the AC has been making a slight wheezing noise (as if wind was blowing through a very very very tine hole) but only when driving above 170km/h.
  6. Steering wheel touch buttons are a stain and disgrace in the history of humanity’s progress. Completely disfunctional. Immeasurably horrible when using wired Apple CarPlay. Requires 20 clicks to register a zoom in/out in Google Maps, and a swipe down is often registered as a swipe right etc.
  7. The “watch out for pedestrians” warning can’t be disabled, is useless and entirely distracting, achieves the opposite od what it attempts to achieve.
  8. The rear seatbelt warning can’t be disabled and is completely useless and distracting, appears every time regardless of if anyone is even sitting in a rear seat.
  9. Auto start stop can’t be turned off permanently. I know this is the case for all cars but it is annoying regardless.
  10. Wired Apple CarPlay… and it overheats the phone even when using only Spotify or only Google Maps.
  11. Wireless charger doesn’t charge a bare iPhone 14 Pro, shows the “remove foreign objects from device” error as if it has a case even though it does not
  12. Plastic cup holders on the doors and the sunglasses holder at the rearview mirror are… plastic, and should be left empty unless you want to hear scratching and all sorts of annoying noises while driving.
  13. Leather seat cover doesn’t completely cover the passenger seat at the bottom, I can literally see sponge poking out.
  14. When lights are in automatic mode, they can’t be set to stay on during the day. I don’t want them off during the day. To keep them on, I need to switch lights to manual mode, which then disables the Multibeam LED automatically adapting lights. I want lights on during the day and I want Multibeam function on.
  15. Brakes. Won’t. Stop. Screeching. My god.

But yea. Car is still fire. Managed to outrace an M4 Competition once.
Old 09-15-2024 | 05:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Lolcian
Bought in Feb 2023 from official dealer in an EU country with 24k km. Now at 92k km. Mostly an 8-8.5/10 car, but here are my issues with the car so far:
  1. System shows a rear right turn signal error and the signal blinks faster on the dash even though the light works completely fine outside. Took it to dealership, they said they did a software update, still same issue. Happens on every 7th or 8th ignition or so, lasts for about 15-20 minutes then goes away. Mostly noticed it happen when it’s rainy or after washing the car.
  2. Parking sensors (360 camera) shows unfunctional error (button is red) every 20th ignition or so and will show red until car is turned off and on again. Also mostly noticed it happen when it’s rainy.
  3. Worst infotainment I’ve seen in a luxury car. The navigation is extremely slow to zoom out/in. Album cover rarely loads correctly when connecting iPhone over BT and playing from Spotify (on the phone the cover shows always, app is not set to offline mode).
  4. Navigation only updates for Germany as the car was imported from there. All other countries have 2020 version maps (visible when checking maps versions in navigation settings). No way to update them manually without taking car to dealership every few months or so which is borderline insane for a car of luxury status. All Mercedes Me functions including online updates and online map updates are bought, but still missing so many new roads and roundabouts and bridges, especially noticeable in the Balkan countries.
  5. Since 7 days ago the AC has been making a slight wheezing noise (as if wind was blowing through a very very very tine hole) but only when driving above 170km/h.
  6. Steering wheel touch buttons are a stain and disgrace in the history of humanity’s progress. Completely disfunctional. Immeasurably horrible when using wired Apple CarPlay. Requires 20 clicks to register a zoom in/out in Google Maps, and a swipe down is often registered as a swipe right etc.
  7. The “watch out for pedestrians” warning can’t be disabled, is useless and entirely distracting, achieves the opposite od what it attempts to achieve.
  8. The rear seatbelt warning can’t be disabled and is completely useless and distracting, appears every time regardless of if anyone is even sitting in a rear seat.
  9. Auto start stop can’t be turned off permanently. I know this is the case for all cars but it is annoying regardless.
  10. Wired Apple CarPlay… and it overheats the phone even when using only Spotify or only Google Maps.
  11. Wireless charger doesn’t charge a bare iPhone 14 Pro, shows the “remove foreign objects from device” error as if it has a case even though it does not
  12. Plastic cup holders on the doors and the sunglasses holder at the rearview mirror are… plastic, and should be left empty unless you want to hear scratching and all sorts of annoying noises while driving.
  13. Leather seat cover doesn’t completely cover the passenger seat at the bottom, I can literally see sponge poking out.
  14. When lights are in automatic mode, they can’t be set to stay on during the day. I don’t want them off during the day. To keep them on, I need to switch lights to manual mode, which then disables the Multibeam LED automatically adapting lights. I want lights on during the day and I want Multibeam function on.
  15. Brakes. Won’t. Stop. Screeching. My god.

But yea. Car is still fire. Managed to outrace an M4 Competition once.
Sorry to hear these issues, sound like a lemon : (

You did get me curious though, how could a non AMG out race an M4 Competition?
Old 09-15-2024 | 06:23 PM

W213 Facelift 2021 E400D 4Matic
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Sorry to hear these issues, sound like a lemon : (

You did get me curious though, how could a non AMG out race an M4 Competition?
Still wonder myself, I can only guess that he wasn’t set to racing mode whereas I was on S+ mode, and it might have taken him a fraction of a second more to kickstart at the yellow light or something else might have affected as well. The 0-100 difference between an M4C and an E400D is 1 second. The OM656 is a beast.

Last edited by Lolcian; 09-15-2024 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2024 | 06:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Lolcian
Still wonder myself, I can only guess that he wasn’t set to racing mode whereas I was on S+ mode, and it might have taken him a fraction of a second more to kickstart at the yellow light or something else might have affected as well. The 0-100 difference between an M4C and an E400D is 1 second. The OM656 is a beast.
I see, understood.