E-Class (W214) 2024 -

2017 E300 moves while in park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e300
2017 E300 moves while in park

My 2017 E300 moves while in park. I am not referring to the initial movement once in park, I am talking a continuous movement every 20-30 seconds. When I park in my driveway and put it in park and remove my foot from the brake, it will move back about an inch. Then in 20-30 seconds another inch or two. It will continue to do this until I set the parking brake. It is at the dealership and they say it is normal, but no car I have ever owned rolls in park. I have owned this car for 4 years and this problem started about 6 months ago. They replaced the valve body mechanism which is on the outside of the transmission. Everyone I have spoken with outside the dealership says the park pawl is worn or broken. The car is under warranty until May of this year and mercedes USA says there is nothing that can be done. Please offer whatever advice you can. I feel like I am stuck with a great car and bad transmission that is about to have it's warranty expire.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:40 AM

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec, 2024 E350 4matic W214, 2014 GLK250 Bluetec, 2000 CLK320 Cabrio
Originally Posted by darrylturner
My 2017 E300 moves while in park. I am not referring to the initial movement once in park, I am talking a continuous movement every 20-30 seconds. When I park in my driveway and put it in park and remove my foot from the brake, it will move back about an inch. Then in 20-30 seconds another inch or two. It will continue to do this until I set the parking brake. It is at the dealership and they say it is normal, but no car I have ever owned rolls in park. I have owned this car for 4 years and this problem started about 6 months ago. They replaced the valve body mechanism which is on the outside of the transmission. Everyone I have spoken with outside the dealership says the park pawl is worn or broken. The car is under warranty until May of this year and mercedes USA says there is nothing that can be done. Please offer whatever advice you can. I feel like I am stuck with a great car and bad transmission that is about to have it's warranty expire.
You may want to post in the W213 forum