E-Class (W214) 2024 -

E/W214: Considering a new E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 09:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Considering a new E

It's been a while since I've posted on this forum. I just totaled my 2012 E350 and I'm looking for a replacement. I test drove a 2024 E350 today with many of the options such as driver assist, super screen, digital light package, winter package, leather package, airmatic package, Pinnacle trim, night package, and some others. The out the door price was $88,357. The sales rep told me that the E450 is not yet available but I'm seeing that does not appear to be correct. Can anyone confirm if the 2024 E450 is available in the USA? Any owners of that specific model that can provide any insights into how much better the performance is over the 350? The E350 says 255 HP which seems low for this size car. The E450 at 375 HP seems much more appropriate.

Also, I wonder how long it took others to get their car if ordered verses buying something available on a dealer lot? The dealer near me does not have the exterior color (Nautical Blue metallic) with the interior (Tonka Brown/Black Nappa leather) I want but said they can get one from one of their many other locations in the country. The only issue is that car will likely not have all the options I want so I'm thinking of ordering. A concern with ordering is that there is some apparent risk of some features not being available due to the never ending chip shortage and I am not sure if any discounts the dealer might give me will be available if I order. Anyone else order recently and have these issues?

In case you were curious about my accident. I hit a pond of water and hydroplaned on an interstate traveling around 70mph. I lost control and ran into a tractor trailer two lanes to my right and then bounced back into the solid concrete barrier on the left. I sustained only minor cuts and bruises and am quite sore the next day. No air bags deployed but I don't think they should have given the type of impact and being the only occupant.

Front right corner hit the underside of the trailer where the landing gear is. Those are the two steel posts that the trailer rests on when not attached to the truck.

The bottom edge of the trailer smacked across the entire right side of my car. Shattering both right side windows and the rear window.

The right front corner hit the concrete barrier between south and north bound lanes.
Old 04-13-2024, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 565 Likes on 426 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by marzillo
It's been a while since I've posted on this forum. I just totaled my 2012 E350 and I'm looking for a replacement. I test drove a 2024 E350 today with many of the options such as driver assist, super screen, digital light package, winter package, leather package, airmatic package, Pinnacle trim, night package, and some others. The out the door price was $88,357. The sales rep told me that the E450 is not yet available but I'm seeing that does not appear to be correct. Can anyone confirm if the 2024 E450 is available in the USA? Any owners of that specific model that can provide any insights into how much better the performance is over the 350? The E350 says 255 HP which seems low for this size car. The E450 at 375 HP seems much more appropriate.

Also, I wonder how long it took others to get their car if ordered verses buying something available on a dealer lot? The dealer near me does not have the exterior color (Nautical Blue metallic) with the interior (Tonka Brown/Black Nappa leather) I want but said they can get one from one of their many other locations in the country. The only issue is that car will likely not have all the options I want so I'm thinking of ordering. A concern with ordering is that there is some apparent risk of some features not being available due to the never ending chip shortage and I am not sure if any discounts the dealer might give me will be available if I order. Anyone else order recently and have these issues?

In case you were curious about my accident. I hit a pond of water and hydroplaned on an interstate traveling around 70mph. I lost control and ran into a tractor trailer two lanes to my right and then bounced back into the solid concrete barrier on the left. I sustained only minor cuts and bruises and am quite sore the next day. No air bags deployed but I don't think they should have given the type of impact and being the only occupant.

Front right corner hit the underside of the trailer where the landing gear is. Those are the two steel posts that the trailer rests on when not attached to the truck.

The bottom edge of the trailer smacked across the entire right side of my car. Shattering both right side windows and the rear window.

The right front corner hit the concrete barrier between south and north bound lanes.
Just my $.02:

If you intend to keep the car, I would order to get what you want.

Many dealers will discount an order more than a car on the lot: the car comes in and is sold. Clean profit.

The E450's are available. Ordering time is between 8 and 10 weeks. I ordered mine to get the exact car I wanted

Before I got my E450 I drove for half a day an E350: My impression was the E350 was "peppy" while the E450 was smooth and quiet. I am very happy that I choose the E450 instead of the E350. FWIW, on the open road I consistently get between 32/33 mpg at 70 mph plus. I also use regular gas, not premium.

When a car goes above $70,000, excluding exotics, I think it deserves the 6 cylinder - of course others will disagree and say the 4 is more than adequate. This is my third Mercedes and before it I had 2 5 series BMW. All had the 6's.

Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
Drone_S213 (04-13-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 09:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2024 E450 Sedan: 2019 E450 Coupe
I currently have a 2018 E400 sedan and 2019 E450 Coupe. I have driven many service loaners (C300), and the 4 cylinder engine works much harder and IMO thesee cars need the 6 Cylinder engine. Full economy is not much different. I am replacing the E400 with a new E450. Car was ordered in Mid January, and built mid March. Currently on the boat and will arrive in the US on 4/19. I ordered all 3 of these cars with the specs I wanted. Like the other response suggested order to get exactly what you want. I have been told there are no shortages of parts affecting the E class. Mine has exactly what I ordered.
Old 04-14-2024, 02:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S450
Originally Posted by marzillo

$88,000 seems high even for a fully loaded E350. Some, but not all, dealerships in the US already have E450 on their lots for test drive. You can put in a custom order for E450 if the dealership have allocations for ordering (again not every dealership have order allocations yet for E450). However, I was told by one of the dealerships I visited that they are willing to offer higher discounts to existing vehicles on the lot as opposed to custom orders since there is more incentive for them to clear inventory first. I will be placing a custom order for a E450 next week. Delivery time typically will be 6-8 weeks after the scheduled build date of the dealership allocation.

Last edited by muipw; 04-14-2024 at 02:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Holtgraver (04-14-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 782 Likes on 618 Posts
My dealer has a 2024 E450 on the lot with a list price of $80,125.