E-Class (W214) 2024 -

E/W214: E350 2024 : Does anyone have their digital lights working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
E350 2024 : Does anyone have their digital lights working?

Anyone with digital lights package do you have the animation and projections working? Mercedes has not been very helpful because each one is giving a different information. One person said you need a 43U 40 package. Another person said.788 or PAX codes We’re not installed. Another person said it needs it over the air update. Another person said they will not be working till December 2024. technically Mercedes has sold digital lights without functionality that is area of a class action suit for all folks who have digital lights
Old 04-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,899 Posts
PFL205.064
Originally Posted by MohamedRehnman
Anyone with digital lights package do you have the animation and projections working? Mercedes has not been very helpful because each one is giving a different information. One person said you need a 43U 40 package. Another person said.788 or PAX codes We’re not installed. Another person said it needs it over the air update. Another person said they will not be working till December 2024. technically Mercedes has sold digital lights without functionality that is area of a class action suit for all folks who have digital lights
You are not alone, I hear complaints from X253 GLC owners as well.

Not defending MB but Apple also sold phones with features they announced on stage yet was not ready until later on.

I am not at all saying this is the right thing to do. I am actually against this type of behaviour, sadly, many companies are doing this like this. We should had got access to all the features we paid for at the start, that is the only right way. If it is not ready, the product really shouldn't be released. We purchased a product, not an experiment and certainly didn't sign up for BETA testing with our wallet.

Since I said I am not defending MB, re: product quality issues in the new GLC and the new C-Class. Door trim seals falling off, my friend has a W206 C 300 with bubbling buttons, crashing infotainment, then of course there are all those 48V battery issues. Along side with problems with check engine lights. It is a disaster, I really hope they get things right again.

The W214 seems to be doing many things well at least, so I am happy about that. For what it is worth I am considering about ordering a CLE 53 C236 despite what I hate about MB. There are many things I like about it. If MB wasn't like this I would order it in a heart beat but I am thinking if I should vote with my wallet?

Mini rant over.