E-Class (W214) 2024 -

been searching online about prepaid maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 03:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43
been searching online about prepaid maintenance

One of few who drive very little miles a year. I wont have 10k on the car at the end of
4 year warranty. From what reading would make no since in spending on the plan.
???? what others do,,,,,, but a pay as you go looks be the best option.
need one oil change in 4 years.

BMW owner and they included the service when didnt need it at NC

Not much is said on pre paid but cost vary per dealerships
Old 06-02-2024, 08:46 PM

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Regardless of miles, you should change the oil at least once per year. Over time oil absorbs water and the additives in the oil start to break down and settle. This can cause it to foam up among other things and not be as effectiveas it should be. There are many that won't do this, but it's an expensive car and oil is cheap. You can do it yourself pretty easily or bring it to a quick lube to have just the oil and filter done.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43
I have heard the moisture reference. I do get it up too operating temps on all drive.
A run to wal mart or grocery is on interstate so 75mph. Its parked in a climate controlled
garage rest of time. I usually do my own on my truck, not on BMW since covered. If Mercedes easily
will do it myself. Or like you say oil change place and bring own approved oil for the car if they do
not carry.
Old 06-03-2024, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 972 Likes on 747 Posts
G550
My take on prepaid maintenance plans is that they're discounted bait to get you into the service bay where it's discovered you need a bunch of other high profit margin services. If you can change your own oil, you can do most all the other A & B service items.
The following users liked this post:
OldManAndHisCar (06-03-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 08:05 AM

Received 192 Likes on 143 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
Originally Posted by streborx
My take on prepaid maintenance plans is that they're discounted bait to get you into the service bay where it's discovered you need a bunch of other high profit margin services. If you can change your own oil, you can do most all the other A & B service items.

The fun comes in when the shop says "we cant release your car due to a safety concern" - then you get to fight with the Stealership, call the law (who are in general ignorant) and then go on the internet a blast the Stealership for being ****bags....but, hey, that is my experience (on a BMW that had a tune).
Old 06-03-2024, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 972 Likes on 747 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by OldManAndHisCar
The fun comes in when the shop says "we cant release your car due to a safety concern" - then you get to fight with the Stealership, call the law (who are in general ignorant) and then go on the internet a blast the Stealership for being ****bags....but, hey, that is my experience (on a BMW that had a tune).
Safety concerns such as legitimate NHTSA recalls are not mandatory for car owners. Dealers cannot sell or lease vehicles with unrepaired recalls, but they cannot hold your owned vehicle hostage (maybe a leased vehicle). My experience with recalls is that MB dealers regard them as annoyances and low profit utilization of their time. If some dealer threw some fictitious safety issue at you, he was testing your gullibility.
The following users liked this post:
OldManAndHisCar (06-03-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 09:08 AM

Received 192 Likes on 143 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
Chicago area BMW dealership who did not like the tune on my E46 as they did a pre-paid oil change on the car. The fact is, they had no reason to do anything more than change the oil, not scan the freaking car. Same place I forced to change the SMG about 500mi before the warranty ran out.....LOL....they did have the car for about three weeks for the SMG.

We got a new (to us) vehicle just last week and the Mercedes Dealership tried to sell us on Pre-Paid service....they are in TN, we are in FL............