E-Class (W214) 2024 -

Interior Assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2024, 07:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
350 E
Question Interior Assistance

Greetings. This site is so friendly and supportive of each other. All my issues solved through this forum. My dealer is shocked by what I discover here.
The Mercedes Video and my manual and insert quick guide for the 2024 E Class Mercedes states how to use the Interior Assistant. You raise your hand and your reading light goes on, you lower your right arm and the passenger foot base light goes on, you point a finger at the screen and the various icons get brighter and connect you. I do not see this feature in my auto. I do not see the infra red black camera strip located behind the ceiling switches to turn on lights or open the sun roof. Is this feature not available in the United States? Item not on my Build List and I took every option for this auto. Any guidance is always appreciated.
Roadrunner.
Old 09-18-2024, 11:38 PM
Veteran: Army

Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts
W214 E450
I have the same experience. None of the interior assistance features I've seen demonstrated online work. I do see the camera strip in the ceiling console and the side mirrors will adjust based on the one I am looking at which is kind of cool. None of the other gesture based features work such as opening the sun blind or roof, turning on the reading lights or reaching to the passenger seat and the light automatically turning on. There are other features missing as well such as the digital vents and dynamic sport sound that the European cars get. It's a bit disappointing when you check every box and there are still things missing.
Old 09-19-2024, 03:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
option code 77B

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerHerm
Greetings. This site is so friendly and supportive of each other. All my issues solved through this forum. My dealer is shocked by what I discover here.
The Mercedes Video and my manual and insert quick guide for the 2024 E Class Mercedes states how to use the Interior Assistant. You raise your hand and your reading light goes on, you lower your right arm and the passenger foot base light goes on, you point a finger at the screen and the various icons get brighter and connect you. I do not see this feature in my auto. I do not see the infra red black camera strip located behind the ceiling switches to turn on lights or open the sun roof. Is this feature not available in the United States? Item not on my Build List and I took every option for this auto. Any guidance is always appreciated.
Roadrunner.
Hello RoodrunnerHerm,

This feature along with the cameras are either installed or not at the factory. The option code is : "77B : Contactless gesture control at front". If you don't have it, you are not missing much. I can confirm that these are the only gestures I can do on my car:-
A- move my hand to below the rear view mirror, turns on my reading light bulb. If the passenger does the same, turns on the passenger reading light bulb. Make the same move again, turns it off. Works 80% of the time. Otherwise, you would make the move but it wouldn't turn on or off.
B- If passenger seat is unoccupied, move my hand towards to passenger seat, the passenger reading light bulb would turn on, guess it's called search light or something. This is to assist you if you are picking something you left on the passenger seat. Works 100% of the time, and sometimes annoying, because it would pick your hand if you are just resting on the center armrest and slightly "invade" the passenger airspace zone!
C- There is a feature of the blind spot assist that warns you audibly and by red light on the door if you are parked and you touch the handle to open the door and there is a car or bicycle passing next to your car. I assume you must have this. The laser cameras enhances this feature a bit more, because it can detect your hand while "on the way" to reach the handle before touching it, and the warning comes earlier. It kind of freaked me first time it happened to be honest.
D- Finger pointing towards the screen : I watched it in a video of an EQ. Not working on the E.
E- Hand swipe in front of the rear view to open/close the panoramic roof : same as D above.

As you advised earlier on the other thread with your VIN, attached comparison shows the overhead unit difference in part #; which is responsible for this camera.

And below are the prices of the two head units, I wonder why MB wouldn't put the same unit with the camera in all cars since the two head units are actually the same price! and I dont think it depends on any privacy/consent/approvals issues since this camera is actually a laser camera not a real footage camera (more like the driver display camera), and all the cars already come with the selfie camera !!
A 000 900 40 45 9051 CONTROL UNIT, COMPLETE €582.71
A 000 900 39 45 9051 CONTROL UNIT, COMPLETE €582.71

Old 09-19-2024, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Attached is a picture showing the Interior assistance selection in the settings.

Old 09-19-2024, 06:26 AM

350 E
Thanks, everyone. Not missing much with no Interior assistant. Thanks for the comments and pics and details. Interesting I picked all options but this one was never listed as it is in manual and insert quick guide.
Roadrunner
Old 09-19-2024, 06:27 AM

350 E
I do have alert and red ambient lights go on when exiting driver side and car or biker going by. Also a sound alert.
Roadrunner.