Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: DTM Intercooler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
FS: DTM Intercooler

I Have a DTM Intercooler that goes under the supercharger. Awesome part and really a key piece of the puzzle for the 55 series kompressor cars. Here are a few of the benefits:

-1/2" bigger inlet in conjunction with larger core

-delete's boost by-pass valve and gives incredible speed up top

+2 psi. boost increase down low = over 20RWHP gain!!!!

There are very few of these coolers around and the few that have been fortunate enough to get their hands on one have really reaped the benefits from it. I am going another direction with my car and it is too good of a piece for me to just leave laying around. This would make someone very happy and definetly be worth having in one's stable of mods. All the sensors are installed and included as well as the connectors and clamps as seen in the attached pics. Lemme know if you need any other specifics and I will try to answer. This was $3,500 new and is barely used as you can see. I will take $2,000 shipped and insured in the U.S.
Attached Thumbnails FS: DTM Intercooler-100_1366.jpg  
Old 05-11-2008, 10:01 AM

2003 CL 55 AMG
Does this replace a stock part? I just had my S/C off for a throttle body install. I have an 03 CL55. Will this part work for my car? What are the advantages of having it? Thanks for any other info you can provide. Never seen one of these things for sale anywhere!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:21 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Yes, this replaces your stock intercooler under the supercharger. It has a bigger main body and inlet plenum for more volume. If you had the blower off then you would have seen the stock unit. If you have 2 of them side by side you can definetly tell the diff. Yes, it will work on any m113 family of engines. You will gain some overall air intake cooling benefits along with a little over +20rwhp gain throughout the entire rpm band. You will also notice it makes the car pull extremely hard up top and in the upper rpm range is huge!!!! It is defintly a super rare part and very few are around that anyone has had the oppertunity to play with, you will defintly not be disappointed on the chassis dyno or butt dyno Lemme know if you have any more q's
Old 05-14-2008, 01:06 AM

2003 E55 AMG
BUMP, several p.m.'s and interest but no buyers yet.......
Old 05-31-2008, 01:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
dtm

is this an M B part.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:23 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Well its a modified original AMG part just like the DTM race cars run. VRP and a very few other tuners have gotten thier hands on one of these. It really is a super rare part and makes POWER!!!!! Lemme know if ya got anymore ???