Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.

FS: Trisco Palm Scan for Benz diagnostic scanner / code reader

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
300D, 500E, E420
FS: Trisco Palm Scan for Benz diagnostic scanner / code reader

I bought this several months ago from another forum member, but I have since upgraded to a more complete (but also much more expensive) scanner solution. So, I no longer need the Trisco setup. The Palm Scan was $600 when new, purchased in 2005 (original receipt included). Works fine, guaranteed not DOA. This unit will read 3-digit "sub-codes" just like the factory Mercedes HHT or Star DAS/Compact, where applicable (see attached screen shot - where the LED blinker shows "2", the Trisco will show one of the six specific codes instead - far more useful information).

Kit includes power adapters, 38-pin multiplex cable, 16-pin OBD2 cable, and 1-pin cable for older 8- or 16-pin diagnostic sockets. Also includes owner's manual and soft carry case. If you need them, I will include a worldwide EPC, WIS, and StarFinder as part of the package. The WIS has diagnostic information on how to troubleshoot the vehicle, for the code(s) thrown.

Asking $350.

Attached Thumbnails FS: Trisco Palm Scan for Benz diagnostic scanner / code reader-acessories.jpg   FS: Trisco Palm Scan for Benz diagnostic scanner / code reader-case.jpg   FS: Trisco Palm Scan for Benz diagnostic scanner / code reader-scanner.jpg   FS: Trisco Palm Scan for Benz diagnostic scanner / code reader-ea_pin7_code_002.jpg  
Old 08-22-2008, 12:25 PM

300D, 500E, E420
To answer a question I received... the firmware version is 3.1E, which I believe is the latest. (?) Also, Jim Forgione has a nice writeup specifically about this unit, showing lots of screen shots, a list of capabilities, etc... click here to see that web page.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:54 PM

300D, 500E, E420
Sold...