Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

W203 (C-Class) W209 (CLK) Stainless-Steel Resonator / Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Cayenne S, BMW 335i (Coupe)

I am selling my car and I have for sale a complete SuperSprint cat-back stainless-steel resonator and exhaust system for Mercedes-Benz.

Specifically, the resonator and exhaust fits the W203 (C-Class) and the W209 (CLK) models. The exhaust has Dual Oval 90mm x 70mm tips (they look like the AMG exhaust tips, but I am told the overall system is of much higher performance).

They have about 10K miles on it (everything is in mint, like new condition). I paid $1,600 for both and am asking $1,200 (OBO) for the complete setup, provided the buyer leaves me the stock resonator and exhaust parts for me to complete the sale of my car.

You can reach me at bayernstern@gmail.com with any questions. Location-wise, I am in San Jose, CA. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 AM

2003 CLK500
SuperSprint North America

Resonator
022 844 203 Price: $432.68
All Supersprint resonators are of the flow through resonated design. This means each unit has no chambers or baffles to reduce velocity. Simply, a straight through in & out design!

Muffler w/ Oval Tips
022 844 227 Price: $682.61
All Supersprint mufflers are of the flow through resonated design. This means each unit has no chambers or baffles to reduce velocity. Simply, a straight through in & out design.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 AM

Folks, given the revised SuperSprint pricing, I am now dropping my ask price to $995. That's without sales tax and without shipping.

Note: if you click More Information in the link above it will show you the MSRP prices. Using the above link, the MSRP for the parts Discgolfer74 picked are $972.58 and $1,533.29, respectively. Altogether the MSRP would be $2,505.87 + tax and shipping. For some reason there's special online pricing going on (which is a lot less than what I paid for) and those parts are available online for $1,115.29 + tax and/or shipping (depending on where you live). Realizing that, I am dropping my pricing to make it more competitive. Hope this helps!

Resonator
All Supersprint resonators are of the flow through resonated design. This means each unit has no chambers or baffles to reduce velocity. Simply, a straight through in & out design! The internal components are 100% stainless steel with a high heat resistant rock wool sound suppressing material, not found in any other systems. This is the reason we can offer you sound legal performance exhaust systems. Tubing is always mandrel bent for maximum flow. Flanges and hangers are O.E. or better quality for a perfect fit every time. Housings are all manufactured from 1.5mm material that is M.I.G. welded at all seams. The stainless systems are 100% 304 stainless, the mild steel systems are aluminized on the inside and out, then black heat coated for corrosion prevention.

MSRP $972.58
Your Price: $432.68

Muffler w/ Oval Tips
All Supersprint mufflers are of the flow through resonated design. This means each unit has no chambers or baffles to reduce velocity. Simply, a straight through in & out design. The internal components are 100% stainless steel with a high heat resistant rock wool sound suppressing material, not found in any other systems. This is the reason we can offer you sound legal performance exhaust systems. Tubing is always mandrel bent for maximum flow. Flanges and hangers are O.E. or better quality for a perfect fit every time. Housings are all manufactured from 1.5mm material that is M.I.G. welded at all seams. The stainless systems are 100% 304 stainless, the mild steel systems are aluminized on the inside and out, then black heat coated for corrosion prevention. Supersprint offers the largest tip style choices in the world.

MSRP $1,533.29
Your Price: $682.61

Last edited by bayernstern; 04-30-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:09 AM

2003 CLK500
Originally Posted by bayernstern
Folks, given the revised SuperSprint pricing, I am now dropping my ask price to $995. That's without sales tax and without shipping.
Are you adding sales tax too?

The website doesn't give any performance specs. What kind of gains did you get vs stock? What does it sound like? Quieter, louder, deeper, ricey????
Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 AM

Hello, to clarify, no I am not adding taxes. I solely mentioned that in my previous post for comparison reasons (i.e. total out of pocket expense buying it from me vs. buying it somewhere else). In other words, depending on where you buy it from (e.g. online), one would need to factor in shipping and/or taxes. In my case, only shipping would be involved (depending on where the interested party lives). Further, if the interested party is local (San Jose, CA), then obviously no shipping would be involved either. As said before, I prefer to deal locally because shipping a resonator/exhaust is a hassle.

The sound is fantastic. It is not too loud, instead it sounds "sportier" than stock. I'd compare with the sound of a non-AMG version with an AMG version... Maybe a little bit sportier than that, but not much. For perspective, I bought an Eisenmann exhaust at first and took it out of my car in one day because it was so loud that I could not stand it (it sounded like a "rice cooker"). The fellow that bought it from me, loved it! (I guess different people like different things) On the heels of that Eisenmann experience, I bought the SuperSprint system and have been very pleased with it (if I ever buy another exhaust system, I would buy a SuperSprint again).

On the performance question, honestly, I have not done performance assessments to know specifically how many HPs I gained with the resonator/exhaust, so I cannot comment on that in detail. I did notice better acceleration (for instance from standing-still when a traffic light turns green) and greater overall responsiveness (if feels that the engine is more "elastic"). I am told that SuperSprint makes one of the best exhaust out there and that they optimize their systems while maintaining them street driveable. I suspect the concept at hand is the "Gran Turismo" approach, which so many European tuners have in mind when designing their offerings. Lastly, if you read the descriptions above (one of my earlier posts), clearly it is a high-end system, so I would not be surprised to see a nice chunk of performance coming along with it (unfortunately I can't quantify that for you, also because it would vary from car to car, etc).

Hope this helps!