Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: M112K Intercooler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
FS: M112K Intercooler

FS: Used Intercooler (Charge air cooler) for the M112K

This intercooler is OE equipment for the M112K motor: C32 AMG, SLK32 AMG, and SRT-6.

$200 + shipping. I originally paid $820 for the supercharger and intercooler together.

Disclosure: This OE Garrett intercooler came from a 2003 C32 AMG with ~68K miles (the same car that supercharger #1 came from).

As all you M112K'ers know, our builds have been plagued with leaky intercooler-itis. Some say that the 2002 was the only year affected; however, it is very clear that all years were affected. In essence, the intercooler cores in leaky units start to leak. The exact reasons for which are as yet unknown; however, I suspect a faulty design compounded by increased flow of coolant to the core as significant reasons. In general, you can tell if your intercooler is leaking significantly by removing the top charge air distributors (surge tanks) and looking down the intake runners - coolant will be caked to the intake walls. If your intercooler is leaking a lot, you'll notice your coolant level drop.

So... as with all used parts, how do you know that this intercooler is in perfect working order?
Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that. I have pressure-tested this intercooler with compressed air under water to 30 psi and I do NOT see any leaks whatsoever. That said, due diligence is important prior to installing any used part so more extensive testing may be in order.

Also included with this intercooler is the Y-distributor (with the associated gaskets and clamps) and the sensors.

Here is a short video clip of the intercooler for sale and other parts included.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
SOLD!

Thank you!