Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

176mm Evotech Pulley for 55K Engines. Cheap!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
176mm Evotech Pulley for 55K Engines. Cheap!!

Selling my Evotech crank pulley. She is a few years old but it's still a quality piece. Lip to Lip reads around 178 but Evotech made their lip indents smaller compared to some. Indent runs around 1mm so I would say she is a 176mm at the ribs to the best of my measuring skill.

Evotech is a German company....haven't done much in the US.

500$ and I will overnight her to anywhere in the US when I have the money Paypal'd. She was....gulp 2200$ new. Yeah, they used to really rape us a few years ago.

The Pros
-I have always liked the Kleemann style of pulley manufacture and this one has it. Not the uglier welds like some, but outer ring pressed onto stock inner and rivots I believe. Not 100% on the process but search for ASP's and you will see the difference.
-Keyway is used but in excellent shape. I would not hesitate to install again on my car.

The Cons
-When we pulled this pulley off the car, my friend Ken sand blasted it so she looked great....then we shot it with the only paint Ken had in the shop. MB Gloss black (Ken is the foreman of our local Benz service dept). Gloss SHOWS UP EVERY LITTLE NICK....so she is not abused, just the friggin gloss paint showing up everything.

This pulley and a quality tune like LETs and you'll be a happy camper and for a LOT less than us OG's used to pay.

Why selling? Just clearing out the garage. Have a slightly larger pulley on her now.

I pay shipping around the US. Will need to Paypal me the cash, then I will ship K?

Last edited by Jakpro1; 07-02-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s55
Interested

Hello,

I am new to the forum and am seriously looking for a pulley for my 03 S55. What is the difference in pulley sizes. In addition tothe pulley, I am looking to tune the ECU and add a thottle body and header. I have been reading the threads, but fail to see anything describing the differences in pulleys.

Thanks