Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

ESP, ABS, BAS LIGHTS ON CAR WONT SHIFT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
ESP, ABS, BAS LIGHTS ON CAR WONT SHIFT

I recently had my ESP module changed out due to an accident that caused this module to have to be replaced..... its been about 2 months and i went to crank up car this morning and all lights ESP, BAS, ASB came on and when i put the car into gear R and/or D it felt as if my transmission fell out, the jerk was bad....

Once I got the car into gear I drove around my driveway and I knew that i was going at least 5 mph, however the gauge did not show this it stayed at 0.... the car would not even shift.... later that evening I went back out and cranked it and nothing.... this morning it did the same thing as yesterday morning, so i had it towed to the shop, any ideas of what this could be, cost???

Thanks any help is greatly appreciated... the shop said that they would get back with me in the morning sometime as he did not have enough time to diagnose the problem... i am just wondering if i should have my heart attach now or wait until in the morning
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...a panty dropper...
This is the classified section. This should be posted in the W203 Section.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:02 PM

2001 C320
oops

my bad, i am new at this, i posted under ENGINE performance because it has to do with ENGINE performance... thanks for monitoring the site
Old 10-19-2009, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...a panty dropper...
No problem. It may be your CPS Sensor as the reason to it not starting and due to that it may have gone into limp mode therefore the not shifting. But yeah for furture reference the classifieds is only for selling parts not questions. You need to go into the W203 section because you drive a W203. Enjoy the site.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 PM

2001 C320
ok thanks, hopefully the CPS sensor does not cost much to replace... what is the CPS Sensor, what does it stand for and what does it do?

Thanks so much
Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...a panty dropper...
Crankshaft Positioning Sensor -- price varies, can find cheap online. Install is a pain though if you plan a DIY.