Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: E55 AMG V8 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: E55 AMG V8 Supercharger

Asking $1000+Shipping: I have for sale a 55k Supercharger which is a great pickup for anyone in the market for a spare, or looking for an excellent project for a non-supercharged engine. For anyone who has looked into these, Mercedes asks almost 4000 dollars for a remanufactured unit, not to mention a 800 dollar core charge, so you're looking at damn near 5000 dollars. I want the buyer to feel as comfortable as possible so I have taken the time to go through the supercharger to the best of my ability and here are some pics and even a video of the unit spinning to show it's condition. I don't have pics of it, but I also cleaned out the roller bearings where the throttle inlet is located and repacked them with mobil polyrex EM grease, a high performance grease typically used in extreme condition applications such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrG9GfJ21U

Here is an example video of me spinning the unit. As you can see it's perfectly smooth, and while it's very hard to hear in this video (that's the entire point, it makes no noise), there is audio.

The rotors look great as you can see with only very mild surface scratches at worst.

Draining and opening the front cover you see that the drive gears are in perfect shape. (This fluid smells like a dieing animal BTW ).

Here we have the inner housing bore where the rotors spin. As you can see again there are only light scratch marks at worst. Since the rotors spin in the same location during every rotation, these are the kind of marks that should not cause any problems.

There is a slightly scored location on one of the intake manifold runner sealing surfaces. I lightly filed this down smooth, and I would not expect any issues at all from it. I used a straight file and filed it parallel across the entire surface and only took and extremely small amount of material away, just enough to make it smooth.

This water line is slightly ovalized but it shouldn't effect performance at all since the hoses are clamped onto it's barbs anyway. It's soft aluminum and should therefore easily bend back to round.

Lastly I am adding in a brand new can of Mobil Jet Oil II which is to be used in the supercharger snout. This is OEM spec fluid, and since the front cover was pulled off, the fluid needs to be replaced. This is an extremely easy task to do, and it's even easier with the supercharger off of the car. Fill the fill port up, install the supercharger, and then open the fill port allowing any excess to spill out, leaving you with a perfect fill. I haven't opened the can as I figured I'd let the buyer do it so that they were fully confident in what fluid was in their supercharger (again, trying to make the buyer feel as safe/comfortable as possible here)
Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 AM

Not a single comment/offer this time around? I feel that it's reasonably priced, feel free to give offers or comments though guys, these things don't show up often so I'm pricing it where I felt it was far less than what I typically see.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:43 PM

Mercedes AMG E55 W210
Do u still have this supercharger.
If yes my offer is $700 plus postage to Australia.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:45 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
im interetsed. PM sent. please get back to me
Old 02-27-2012, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK55
pm sent
Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 PM

E55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx

Asking $1000+Shipping: I have for sale a 55k Supercharger which is a great pickup for anyone in the market for a spare, or looking for an excellent project for a non-supercharged engine. For anyone who has looked into these, Mercedes asks almost 4000 dollars for a remanufactured unit, not to mention a 800 dollar core charge, so you're looking at damn near 5000 dollars. I want the buyer to feel as comfortable as possible so I have taken the time to go through the supercharger to the best of my ability and here are some pics and even a video of the unit spinning to show it's condition. I don't have pics of it, but I also cleaned out the roller bearings where the throttle inlet is located and repacked them with mobil polyrex EM grease, a high performance grease typically used in extreme condition applications such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrG9GfJ21U

Here is an example video of me spinning the unit. As you can see it's perfectly smooth, and while it's very hard to hear in this video (that's the entire point, it makes no noise), there is audio.

The rotors look great as you can see with only very mild surface scratches at worst.

Draining and opening the front cover you see that the drive gears are in perfect shape. (This fluid smells like a dieing animal BTW ).

Here we have the inner housing bore where the rotors spin. As you can see again there are only light scratch marks at worst. Since the rotors spin in the same location during every rotation, these are the kind of marks that should not cause any problems.

There is a slightly scored location on one of the intake manifold runner sealing surfaces. I lightly filed this down smooth, and I would not expect any issues at all from it. I used a straight file and filed it parallel across the entire surface and only took and extremely small amount of material away, just enough to make it smooth.

This water line is slightly ovalized but it shouldn't effect performance at all since the hoses are clamped onto it's barbs anyway. It's soft aluminum and should therefore easily bend back to round.

Lastly I am adding in a brand new can of Mobil Jet Oil II which is to be used in the supercharger snout. This is OEM spec fluid, and since the front cover was pulled off, the fluid needs to be replaced. This is an extremely easy task to do, and it's even easier with the supercharger off of the car. Fill the fill port up, install the supercharger, and then open the fill port allowing any excess to spill out, leaving you with a perfect fill. I haven't opened the can as I figured I'd let the buyer do it so that they were fully confident in what fluid was in their supercharger (again, trying to make the buyer feel as safe/comfortable as possible here)

Hello .. I have opened a supercharger and it empties it of oil no longer fill it!! Do you re-fill of new players and where the supercharger and what is the amount required.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by alsokihi
Hello .. I have opened a supercharger and it empties it of oil no longer fill it!! Do you re-fill of new players and where the supercharger and what is the amount required.

Thanks
I have absolutely no idea what you are asking.

Supercharger sold last year guys, just as an FYI.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 cls55 AMG
Mercedes 55k supercharger

Hi,
You did great job on supercharger.
I have 2006 cls55 with 59k Miles and the ( internal bearings are gone bad) like-- if you spin the clutch itself by hand it makes loud grinding noise. ( I did however changed to smaller S/C pulley but when I bought the car I notice the supercharger bearings bad.
My question: Did you rebuild your Internal bearings? If so, where can I buy the bearings ?
So far can't find em anywhere.
Any help will help.
Thanks