EQC electric SUV New All electric SUV for 2020

Well I did buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 01:45 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Well I did buy

and have been living with the car for just over a week. I do not regret my choice and feel as if the EQC in terms of driving is a step forward over the e class which in itself was a lovely car to drive.
I still have my reservations over the feeling of luxury all the materials are high quality but the wretched black piano centre panel is already driving me mad, it gets dirty and scratched all by itself no input needed from the owner! The e just felt a bit more luxurious but to pinpoint why is actually really hard so it probably is some sort of emotional irrational feeling based on nothing more than the car is seen as a c class segment which is utterly daft. But it feels a bit outdated when you look at the new c, a, b and s class which all use the new style of air vents and door buttons for seats and windows. Also still unhappy it is an SUV with the associated head joggling they generate due to the higher centre of gravity on some roads ( I should say it is far better in that regard than the GLK I sued to own and agsin I am being hypercritical). So a test drive in the new EQE is looked forward to with much anticipation.
However the EQC is a really good car in lots of ways and I am being a bit nitpicky. I have no criticism of how it drives nor its consumption which for me at the moment is averaging 21,7kwh/100km over 557km. I like the height of it being an SUV in terms of loading the boot and so far the decrease in size has not proved an issue. The important thing is as much as I loved the e and as much as I regret this is not an estate with a non black plastic centre console I would not go back to an e unless it is fully electric. Mercedes have got such a lot right with this car it augers very well for their future in the electric world and I am looking forward to even more luxury and comfort in the new cars to come. But for now I am a very happy mercedes owner.
Thanks to Nathroth who started me on this journey with his excellent reviews which were very helpful to me. After reading those I took the plunge for a test drive and the car then sold itself to me.
The following users liked this post:
Benzgurl#1 (01-30-2022)
Old 09-25-2021, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 268 Likes on 183 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Pics or it’s a 98 Carolla 😎
The following users liked this post:
eddieo45 (04-09-2024)
Old 10-28-2021, 07:52 AM

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts
EQC400
Now it is your turn to share observations of the EQC. We can compare longitudinal notes

I agree the EQC feels more "E" than "C" class in technology, driving style, and cabin materials, taking into account future recycling.
I agree that the piano black is a bit hard to maintain. I use car polish to hide the fine dust scratches
I prefer the EQC dash/air vent style to the EQA.
My range is regularly over 400km which is good for this generation of EV's.

Overall, no insurmountable complaints so far. I am humbled that my monologues on this site contributed in some small way to your car purchase decision. I tried to be succinct and honest in my comments. Others are also sharing their experience with the EQC adding up to a substantial body of knowledge.

Nathan
The following 2 users liked this post by Natroth:
Benzgurl#1 (01-30-2022), parkwood (10-29-2021)