Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 12:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes EQC - AMG 2021 80 kwh
Unhappy EQC 400 efficiency/range?

Hello!

I hope my car is broken.

Today was my first trip on the highway.
Cruise control for 55 km, with 130 km/h (legal limit)
19C outside, 22C inside, daytime

30 kw/100km => range 266 km???
Can anyone test the fficiency at 130 km/h?

Old 09-29-2021, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes
Nope, your car is good )) 130 km/h and 30kW is totally good number for EQC. Honestly it should be even higher like 35 kW. Any EV car will spend more kW when u drive more than 100 km/h
Old 10-03-2021, 08:11 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Hi had my car since the 15th Sept and am very pleased with the range and efficiency I am achieving. I have been lurking in a few forums and have noted a great difference in how people feel on this issue and I have begun to think it is because they do not really understand things properly. It looks like you are in France? I am also living in the North West.

First thing I would suggest is that you download the mercedes eco coach app. This is a tool to help you achieve the best use of the car in terms of maintaining the battery and driving using data it obtains via mercedes me. It gives some good background info. Since I have had the car my average consumption is 21.7kwh/100km inc some 130km driving and lots of local trips over 818km. A good example of the variable efficiency is the journey to my local village. Uphill going out 5km away yesterday 46.7kwh coming back where I get the downhill benefit 9.9 kwh (the eco app records all these journeys individually so it an excellent record and currently goes back to the 16th Sept when I loaded it) the recent trip meter has cleared so I cannot tell you what the car averaged the 2 fig but a simple average makes it 28.3kwh.
The day before I did a 23km trip and achieved 21.6kwh outbound and 22.9kwh coming back over 20km (I made a stop en route) that was on a good quality D road with a 90km speed limit but there was a reasonable amount of traffic and I overtook a voiture sans permis.

Just like an ICE car fuel or energy consumption is variable depending on speed, traffic weather etc and just like the ICE range meter the car will base the range it suggests on average consumption over a set time and it seems to be the last or current journey data.

The WLTP figs for the car are the same as those for an ICE ie the best in a specific set of conditions made so that one can compare different cars all put through the same test, they are not and were not intended to be guaranteed what you will achieve as that is not possibe as each journey has so many variables not least the driver.

To get the range figs mercedes quote for the EQC (408km) you need to be seeing 19.6kwh/100 and I have achieved that on a longer run where there was a 110km speed imit and the weather was around 20deg and no headwind.

So on the motorway you will see high consumption and on a normal dept road that enables you to keep a nice steady speed you will see a much lower consumption and when rolling downhill nothing or near nothing. With my e class I saw anything between 5.9 and 4.8 on various trips so no different.

I think some people seem to think that 80kw of battery has a fixed range it will take you as opposed to it being the same as essence or gazole ie that is the limit of your “tank” and how far it will go depends on how efficiently you are driving.

Hope this helps but I cannot stress how good I have found the eco app but the advice re the battery and keeping a lower state of charge was very surprising. It is also possible to work towards earning a voucher for use on the mercedes me charge account whihc is a good incentive or to donate to offset some carbon.

From memory when I was on the motorway I think it was around 26 one way and 24.5 the other but the overall journey out inc 130km, 110km and dept and town ovr 104km was 21.1kwh out and the return which was broken up with a stop en route was 87km at 22.6kwh. Get the app it might set your mind at rest!!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by parkwood:
Benzgurl#1 (01-30-2022), Natroth (10-03-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 08:06 PM

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts
EQC400
Excellent summary of EV battery management. It took me a while to realise that maximum range requires moderate driving at sometimes less than the maximum freeway speed limit. One journalist wrote that if you are a regular freeway driver then the current generation of EV's may disappoint in total range achievable. The EQC is a compromise between range and luxury, where luxury = extra weight = less range. The quiet cabin is not free MY EQC even has a full-size spare tyre that I drag around daily. After 10,000 km of driving I am averaging 22kwh with a 50/50 freeway and urban road split. I love one pedal driving !!

I looked for the app "Mercedes Eco Coach" and can't find it on my Iphone.

The following users liked this post:
Benzgurl#1 (01-30-2022)
Old 10-05-2021, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQC400
We're limited to 110km/h in most states of Australia, but I can imagine the EQC's consumption will be pretty high at 130km/h.
I've had my car for almost 12 months now, but as Victoria has been locked down significantly during that period, I've not been able to travel too many country miles.
I am a relaxed driver and over the past 2,500kms I'm averaging 19.5kWh. In terms of range, I generally work to 400kms for a full battery (ie: 200kms for a 50% battery) and I've found this to be the most reliable indicator with my style of driving. The EQC's range predictor can swing from optimistic to conservative and I find it much better to just work to 5kms per kWh. At around 100km/h I generally consume between 19-21kWh. I have 20 inch wheels.
As Nathroth has indicated, the EQC is no lightweight, and I did recall reading somewhere that the weight of the sound deadening material alone was over 100kgs. While this extra mass has an impact on efficiency, in my option, it's worth it!
Old 10-07-2021, 12:27 PM

Wow 100kg of weight but I am with you that is very important. Indeed for me if mercedes are to survive in the electric world it is because they concentrate on getting the best NVH results with a decent range but not range at the expense of NVH and capitilise on the feeling of luxury and silence.
We just have the gunk and compressor here and it is perfectly fine in most of europe but I can see how in Aus you may need the wheel and probably why they have not used one of the spacesaver types as it has to possibly travel some distance.
Overall over 953km I have achieved 21.8kwh which is virtualy WLTP so I am happy. I do find the current energy used reading in the centre readout between the dials very interesting, pulling away sees 99kwh sometimes! It soon drops back but even stationary it burbles at .6 or .7kwh.
At the moment I use d auto so there is some use of the brake as opposed to 1 pedal driving, I might try that out on the same run to see if it is comparable butof course temp is a variable.
Today was 19.8 out and 20.8 back whereas the sam trip last week was 21.6 and 21.7 but it is a bit warmer and the traffic was less congested (not that our congested is really that but I was not having to follow others failing to keep their speed steady as happened last week).
Re the app I have a horrible feeling it is a region thing again. I got it by following a link from the mercedes me app “ apps related to your vehicle” link but have just checked and it is in the apple app store here.
After 3 weeks the car is really growing on me I enjoy every drive and it is feeling more and more luxurious strangely (the black plastic annoys but I am learing to ignore it!)I think Mercedes got a huge amount right with it - be interesting to see if the EQE matches it or feels better but I am so glad I changed rather than wait (especially as that may be longer than we think with the chip crises) and am not too worried if I end up keeping it for the full 3yr lease
Old 10-07-2021, 12:41 PM

Found this looks like it is a europe thing

https://www.holedo.com/article/merce...iendly-driving

of interest to me is the ref to fully charge a PHEV battery whereas for the EQC they want you to only charge for what you need, use 100% only if necessary not reguarly and avoid DC fast charging if possible. At the moment for local use I charge only to 50% and if I know I have no planned use the following day will leave it and charge the day after (in part because my electricity tarriff is cheap rate at all day weekends and wednesdays and just overnight mon,tues, thus and fri).

It is a bit sinister as of course it displays how much info they have and if you are leasing then there is the potential for them to penalise you in the future if your battery use is less than optimum so they know the cars future performance will be impacted and the battery may not be optimum fr lanned second life use!

However I am enjoying it and have learnt a lot from it.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes EQC - AMG 2021 80 kwh
Well, my wife drives the EQC and I have been driving a Tesla MY LR since July 2022.

I Can compare the cars:
- Mercedes is really comfy and the soundproofing is excellent
- Tesla is much quicker and is about 30% more efficient, but the ride is harsh and there is a lack of soundproofing in the back of the car.

So, if you plan a longer trip, Tesla is the way to go + the Supercharger network is a HUGE advantage.

Tesla MY LR
130km/h - 21kwh/100km
140km/h - 23kwh/100km

Last edited by Courage; 01-29-2023 at 04:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Natroth (10-07-2022)