EQC electric SUV New All electric SUV for 2020

Car taken out by 12V battery recharging issue after 500km on th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes EQC 400
Car taken out by 12V battery recharging issue after 500km on th

Sharing the pain: I got my EQC400 since mid January & drove a total of 500km before it ended up getting towed to the garage, where the car has been now for over 2 weeks.

Just wanted to move my car & the dashboard went absolutely bonkers: every red indicator possible went crazy, error messages "no cooling fluid", "battery malfunction", "driving system failure" etc. I called Leasing Assistance & mechanic arrives who reads out the car, everything was fine (cooling fluid was at 100% etc), only thing giving an error was the recharging of the 12V battery used for dashboard, indoor lighting, airco etc. They did not manage to reproduce the error in the garage after fully recharging the 12V battery, which is the last thing i wanted to hear off course.

Now the importer has ordered them to test every single electrical wire in the car. They told me they can't tell me when they will be finished.... not really what i expected from my first EV :p
Old 08-18-2023, 05:32 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
The effects of à depleted 12 v battery are very well known and not a Mercedes only issue. Hyundai and Kia have known issues due to poor design allowing phantom drain if the boot lid is left open for an extended period.
Basically an array of faults show as you experienced. As soon as the 12 v battery is charged the cars behave properly again.