EQE SUV (X294) Forum for Discussion of EQE SUV

Hood Paint Wiper clearance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2023 | 12:58 PM

2023 EQE 350 4matic / 2019 911 Carrera T
Hood Paint Wiper clearance

My EQE prompted me that the hood was open. Since then I realized that the car was delivered with the hood either out of alignment or the latch is not working correctly. I have an appointment 5 weeks out until they can correct it!
I then just realized the paint by the driver side wiper is completely down to bare metal. Almost as if when opening the hood, it is scrapping/catching something. . I recall seeing an article that someone stated that the car should have some tape there to help minimize any damage. Can someone confirm if there is any type of tape wrapped on the hood by the driver side wiper?
The following users liked this post:
ScottC2 (11-23-2023)
Old 11-23-2023 | 01:12 PM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
I meant to reply and not to "Like" your post, as there's nothing like-worthy about it ;-)
So here is my reply: I hope you have confirmed by feel that the hood seems to be latched enough to remain in place while driving! If unsure, I would not drive it!
I say this based on my knowledge of hoods on older combustion engine cars. I have never seen the hood open on an EQE or EQE SUV and I have no idea how the latch mechanism works (for example, is there a safety catch?)

For what it's worth, I don't have an issue like you describe on my EQE SUV (manufactured May 2023).

I think it's disgraceful that they can't fit you in before 5 weeks for something like this!

Old 11-23-2023 | 01:31 PM

They checked the hood and said they fixed it. They kind of did and then I hit a bump on the highway and it went off again. So I am thinking it is a latch issue. They also delivered the car with a nice dent on the hood. Granted they offered to fix it with PDR, which is really all you can ask for. In regards to the hood rubbing, I recall seeing a post that the factory was adding tape, almost like PPF, in order to protect that area from rubbing. Frustrating that I need to wails 6+ weeks to get an appointment.

Last edited by manjurino1; 11-23-2023 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2023 | 05:42 PM

EQE350 SUV 4MATIC
Originally Posted by manjurino1
I then just realized the paint by the driver side wiper is completely down to bare metal. Almost as if when opening the hood, it is scrapping/catching something. . I recall seeing an article that someone stated that the car should have some tape there to help minimize any damage. Can someone confirm if there is any type of tape wrapped on the hood by the driver side wiper?
Seems like the car was damaged before delivery in more ways than one.

No need for tape. If you need to raise the wipers then the process is to turn the car on, immediately turn it off, and then press the wiper spray button. This will move the wipers to the vertical position on the windshield. Now you can raise them to clean the windshield or replace them.

Snap them back onto the windshield when finished then turn on the wipers.
The following users liked this post:
manjurino1 (11-23-2023)
Old 11-23-2023 | 06:14 PM

Thanks so much. Appreciate the feedback.