EQE SUV (X294) Forum for Discussion of EQE SUV

Upgrade factory LED reflector H/L to Projector / Digital?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2024, 08:00 AM
z32

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
23 EQE SUV / 01 MB E240 / 10 Infiniti EX / 15 Lexus LX 570
Upgrade factory LED reflector H/L to Projector / Digital?

My 'soon to arrive' EQE SUV comes w/ the factory LED reflector headlights. Not even projector. Does MB offers a 'regular' projector HL or it'll have to be the Digital LED ? Not sure if I can self upgrade to the digital LED HL as there's likely some coding (or some packages) it'll need from the factory. But if it's just a LED projector HL, will be be possible to do such swap myself?
Old 09-02-2024, 08:25 AM

Received 235 Likes on 163 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
The only options are the reflectors or the digital light systems. There's nothing inbetween. We have the digital lights on my sedan, and the base LEDs on our SUV. I can tell you that the base lights are amazing. Their cutoff is less severe than the digital/matrix lights, and they have tons of power. Trust me, they'll be more than sufficient. The differences in usability between the premium and base model lights is nowhere near what it used to be. I like the animations on digital lights, but beyond that, there isn't any real difference while driving.
​​​
When we got the SUV, it was a used loaner. Option was between a car with digital lights and no rear steer, or rear steering and base lights. Chose the latter, so happy I did. I think you'll find them to be fantastic.
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by bytemaster0
The differences in usability between the premium and base model lights is nowhere near what it used to be. I like the animations on digital lights, but beyond that, there isn't any real difference while driving.
​​​
Does your base LED car have the front illuminated light bar? I have the impression that this only comes with digital LED.
The digital headlights also have adaptive and dynamic function.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM

Received 235 Likes on 163 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Originally Posted by nosnoop
Does your base LED car have the front illuminated light bar? I have the impression that this only comes with digital LED.
The digital headlights also have adaptive and dynamic function.
Correct, the base lights don't have the front illuminated light bar. Hasn't bothered me, tbh. The sedan, which I do have with the intelligent lighting, doesn't have one either. The base headlights do have adaptive high beams. As the US-spec intelligent lights can't use local dimming, it's not really any different with either configuration.