HUD Display During Navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 611 Likes on 416 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
HUD Display During Navigation

The latest update to my vehicle (AMG EQEX4) seems to have added some information to my HUD while route navigation is in use. The following has been changed:

1. The name of the road I'm on and the direction of travel are now displayed. This is in addition to the route display.
2. A vertical line in orange/yellow on the extreme left when nearing the destination. The orientation of the line is not static.

I've looked in the current manual to see what the line means, but there is no mention of its' function. Perhaps it's just an alert that I'm getting close?

Any thoughts on the line? Thanks
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 836 Likes on 534 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by HBerman
The latest update to my vehicle (AMG EQEX4) seems to have added some information to my HUD while route navigation is in use. The following has been changed:

1. The name of the road I'm on and the direction of travel are now displayed. This is in addition to the route display.
2. A vertical line in orange/yellow on the extreme left when nearing the destination. The orientation of the line is not static.

I've looked in the current manual to see what the line means, but there is no mention of its' function. Perhaps it's just an alert that I'm getting close?

Any thoughts on the line? Thanks
Haven't seen this but will try it out. When was this update rolled out?

BTW I have been pretty impressed with the auto lane change on Drivepilot. My 2022 EQS didnt have that and required manual signaling to trigger a lane change. I do wish this car had the Augmented Reality HUD though. That would be amazing. The AR HUD shows on the windshield what the car is doing. It places a dot under the main car it is following (which is useful because it means you can tell when it switches car or stops following a car if the car in front exits, or someone enters the lane. It also shows on the windshield arrows for lane changes overlaid on the road itself so you can see what it is going to do. The AR HUD does more than just navigation.
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 611 Likes on 416 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Haven't seen this but will try it out. When was this update rolled out?

BTW I have been pretty impressed with the auto lane change on Drivepilot. My 2022 EQS didnt have that and required manual signaling to trigger a lane change. I do wish this car had the Augmented Reality HUD though. That would be amazing. The AR HUD shows on the windshield what the car is doing. It places a dot under the main car it is following (which is useful because it means you can tell when it switches car or stops following a car if the car in front exits, or someone enters the lane. It also shows on the windshield arrows for lane changes overlaid on the road itself so you can see what it is going to do. The AR HUD does more than just navigation.
I noticed the update yesterday when I started the car. The version is now RL_NTG7_E330.602_23063AC3. All sorts of new interface updates which I'm still discovering. One new item is that you can graphically and acoustically change the audio personal profile under the Media selection. Maybe I just never saw this before, but the ease of changing the profile is awesome.