Old 04-12-2022, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 751 Likes on 491 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
EQE500 First Drive Review

Old 04-12-2022, 10:16 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 e63s wagon
I've been on the fence about the EQS; prices seem to have come down to MSRP or even a little below but something about it still hasn't appealed to me. I'm liking the EQE quite a bit more. Aside from the cost savings, which should be substantial, the size looks a bit more right to me.

I'm eager to see the online pricing tool to spec one out. I've been waiting for a nice EV with at least "pretty good range", and this might finally be the right option. This was a great review, and I'm relieved to see someone else who doesn't like the hyperscreen. I much prefer the car without, and was wondering if I was just missing something.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by igxqrrl
I've been on the fence about the EQS; prices seem to have come down to MSRP or even a little below but something about it still hasn't appealed to me. I'm liking the EQE quite a bit more. Aside from the cost savings, which should be substantial, the size looks a bit more right to me.

I'm eager to see the online pricing tool to spec one out. I've been waiting for a nice EV with at least "pretty good range", and this might finally be the right option. This was a great review, and I'm relieved to see someone else who doesn't like the hyperscreen. I much prefer the car without, and was wondering if I was just missing something.
I have to say i disagree with him on the usability. The Hyperscreen has the zero-layer interface while the vertical screen does not. Which means you will have to touch the screen more times to accomplish the same thing without the hyperscreen. The 17.7" wide screen in the center is the most usable interface Mercedes has.
Old 04-13-2022, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,579 Likes on 977 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I have to say i disagree with him on the usability. The Hyperscreen has the zero-layer interface while the vertical screen does not. Which means you will have to touch the screen more times to accomplish the same thing without the hyperscreen. The 17.7" wide screen in the center is the most usable interface Mercedes has.
Zero-Layer is available on the smaller portrait screens. The update was pushed to ICE S-Class' as well.

The following users liked this post:
stealth.pilot (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580

I like this reviewer. He shares my outrage about the plastic airbag covers on all the EQ models.