EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

EQE 350 4Matic owner - rather technically sound - AMA about EQE sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 12:43 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
EQE 350 4matic
Smile EQE 350 4Matic owner - rather technically sound - AMA about EQE sedan

Long time follower, first time owner of Mercedes Benz. Fairly knowledgeable about automobiles and a bit more on EVs. Since there isn’t a lot of information about EQ vehicles in general and Dealers who I’ve visited have treated me worse than anything I thought I could help other potential owners learn a bit more correct information. I don’t work for MB or another automakers so I don’t have a prerogative. If you have some questions about the EQE sedan I can provide you with some useful information.
The following users liked this post:
Ormond2004 (02-12-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 01:40 PM

Received 218 Likes on 152 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Sure, I'll ask. What kind of battery drop do you see after say, 12 or 24 hours of the car sitting in your garage (if you have one) and locked? Just curious. MB generally does a great job at keeping standby power minimal (to a fault in my W213, which takes forever to get the infotainment system to be responsive), so I'm curious what kind of range or charge loss you get parked overnight, if any.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:16 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
EQE 350 4matic
I was able to test this thanks to my car having really bad QC, In an unheated garage over 48 hour period I’ve notice 1% of drop in SoC. Looks like MB strat is different with V295 the car maintained app connectivity and tried this again with Wi-Fi connected. Seems like its 1% per 48 ~50 hour period this is with collision photos enabled.

Also regarding infotainment this seems to be reduced but not by much system take about 3~5 seconds after seating. But I think there is lot to be improved on CAN messaging, since TPMS test is also being done on boot which is likely not accurate to start off.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:59 PM

Received 218 Likes on 152 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
That's very manageable. Some Rivians seem to be battling 4%+ per day, with the company claiming that up to 12% is within spec. That's an unbelievable power consumption rate. Looks like MB did it right here. Also, MBUX is a huge step up in responsiveness regardless. On my W213, which has the older COMAND NTG system, it takes about 30 seconds before you can even mute the volume of something that's playing (you can volume down and it works instantly), and about 45-50 seconds before you can even change the channel on the radio. It shuts WAY down when it is parked. If you open the door for a while, it does boot up in the background, but if you hop in quickly, it's just painfully slow. Always has been.

Glad to hear EQE is doing fine in this regard. As to your comment about CAN, these cars use FlexRay, do they not? At least, MB switched to it after the 2016 model year. I have a C4/C5 DoIP Xentry clone that speaks FlexRay, but other than that, it seems to be mostly walled off except to a few select devices. Curious what you're using to interface there.