EQE SUV - Water inside the bottom of the trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQE SUV 500
EQE SUV - Water inside the bottom of the trunk

Hi All,

I have a EQE SUV 500 , and I realized some months ago that my truck was wet ( inside the part where you lift up the little hood on the back) . After some investigations I found out that is was coming from below ( yes below ) so waters was not dropping like directly from the hood, but from the sides i guess. Somehow there is a leak between the black black carpet (boot floor) or whatever the name is and the car itself . So to make it short i took it to the Mercedes agency they told me me that they fixed it ( they changes some plastic things).But last week when i went to the car washer I check again the truck ( below the little hood you open) and it was again wet on the bottom of it. i will add pictures. I have been searching all over the net if there is some similar case, but nothing.
I have an again appointment with Mercedes the 8 of April .
will post any update.

I removed the little plastic to see if i could see water inside, and there was all flooded.

the water/ wetness starts always here at the deepest spot in the trunk. the sides are dry , so it comes from below

Last edited by Jacc_eu; 03-25-2024 at 09:06 AM. Reason: wrong title
Old 03-26-2024, 09:47 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
Check the gap between your left and right side of the lift gate. Are they even or does one side have a larger gap than the other?
Old 03-27-2024, 12:27 AM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
It's not unique to MB, my e-tron even had a leak sensor in the boot.