EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

How do I disable fisheye effect in backup camera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2024, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQE350 4MATIC
How do I disable fisheye effect in backup camera?

The fisheye effect in the backup camera (and other cameras) distorts the distance of objects, to the point where I cannot tell what distance anything is - how do I disable it? I can't find a setting to do this. Every other car I've ever had has had the option to enable / disable this effect.
Old 07-11-2024, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,823 Likes on 2,555 Posts
2019 C63CS
This comes from the lens and can't be disabled, but I haven't found it to be an issue ever. Do you have the 360 camera? I find that it stitches together a pretty seamless view around the car and the guide lines let me line up the car. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the perspectives in MBUX. I much prefer the perspectives I get in my 2019 C63 complete with guide lines and top down view to place it between the lines or line up with the curb. But even with the MBUX I haven't really found there to be distortions on the ground, but I'm missing the guide lines when parallel parking. Like many things in MBUX I find it a step backwards. Here's the view I'm getting in my car. The perpendicular red lines indicate where the axles are and the wheels begin/end, and I can perfectly line the side of the car up with the curb or the wall in my garage using the parallel red line.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-11-2024 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2024, 05:37 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by superswiss
Like many things in MBUX I find it a step backwards. Here's the view I'm getting in my car. The perpendicular red lines indicate where the axles are and the wheels begin/end, and I can perfectly line the side of the car up with the curb or the wall in my garage using the parallel red line.
There is a similar blue box guide lines in the top down view, though no axles location indicators.