Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Old 10-21-2022, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 351 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
They gave a pretty negative review. I love the straight pipes and they do raise some valid points. Their big issue is the brake pedal and intelligent recuperation, which I think is easily fixed by the coasting mode. They also don’t like MBUX, which makes me sad because it’s far and away my favorite on the market but it’s obviously not for everyone.

Their next issue is the lack of sportiness, which is fair. The BMW iX definitely has a better ride/handling balance while the EQS is really not meant to be fun to toss around. And finally, i think they thought the second row floor was a little high.

Their last thing was about the subscriptions, some of which don’t count in the US where I am, so…

They definitely had a few frustrations early on in their testing period that simply soured their whole experience in the car. It stinks because they’re all perfectly valid complaints but not ones I necessarily would find complaints, and the result of that is they’re a channel I really respect and enjoy but I highly disagree with their conclusion on this video.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
Their last thing was about the subscriptions, some of which don’t count in the US where I am, so…
In regards to the subscriptions. Its coming and it will be a thing in the USA. Tesla started it, and now more and more manufacturers are jumping onboard.
The Rear wheel steering that MB does is BS... nothing short of 100% BS! Its not in the USA but its BS that they do it anywhere! And we all know that it will be coming to the USA once it becomes the norm.

NJ wants to put an end to it and I hope more states follow their lead if that bill ever becomes law... https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-subscriptions
Old 10-22-2022, 12:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 Acura NSX
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
They gave a pretty negative review. I love the straight pipes and they do raise some valid points. Their big issue is the brake pedal and intelligent recuperation, which I think is easily fixed by the coasting mode. They also don’t like MBUX, which makes me sad because it’s far and away my favorite on the market but it’s obviously not for everyone.

Their next issue is the lack of sportiness, which is fair. The BMW iX definitely has a better ride/handling balance while the EQS is really not meant to be fun to toss around. And finally, i think they thought the second row floor was a little high.

They definitely had a few frustrations early on in their testing period that simply soured their whole experience in the car. It stinks because they’re all perfectly valid complaints but not ones I necessarily would find complaints, and the result of that is they’re a channel I really respect and enjoy but I highly disagree with their conclusion on this video.
I think I have seen all the reviews on YouTube. My only complaint is that most of the reviewers seem to be light weights with regard to driving, and performance. My preference would be someone from Road and Track, or one of the enthusiasts mags. Having said that, they all pretty much drank the Kool aid. I test drove the BMW IX50 and thought it drove decently. I also test drove a EQS 450 rear wheel drive vehicle for about 30 minutes. It took me some time to get comfortable in the seat. Also getting the seat height was an issue as the dash is fairly high. I did not want to block out the dash either. I think it would work out just takes time to setup. I did not know that I could additionally adjust the bolsters using the MBUX. The MBUX system is fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it. You can go to home and pick what you want. The braking issue is interesting. I tried max, and none. Even with Max, at a stop you still need to put your foot on the brake unlike Tesla. I am ok with not have regenerative braking as I prefer to brake rather than regenerative. That just takes a bit to get use to it. I did not get much of a chance to drive in the hills of Santa Barbara as much as I wanted to. The car does seem to focus on Comfort over performance. I tried the Sport setting to see how much that tightened things up. So So. Again this is a luxury car meant to pamper. I have a NSX Supercar if I need to go fast and hard. I don't like the fact that the dash and upper doors are not leather but a synthetic. Even my 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription had leather dash and leather door components. I think there might be a higher priced option where the leather on the dash and door is blue in color. I need more seat time with respect to the Burmeister Sound System. Apple Car Play works great. I need to check out Apple Music as they have Dolby Atmos music.

One concern I have is my car coming in has the third row, 5 zone air-conditioning, which is great. My concern is I think I read that if you get the third row you cannot have the tow hitch installed. Don't understand why that would be an issue. I have to have a hitch to carry our bikes. Anyone know about this?
Old 10-22-2022, 08:43 AM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
EQS 450X4 SUV, Rivian R1T
Originally Posted by drmanny3
My concern is I think I read that if you get the third row you cannot have the tow hitch installed. Don't understand why that would be an issue. I have to have a hitch to carry our bikes. Anyone know about this?
Currently you cannot configure a 3-row version with the tow hitch. My guess is it has to do with the gross vehicle weight rating. Adding the 3rd row increases the gross weight requirement because you need to be able to accommodate more people (thus more weight). As a result it lowers or eliminates the ability to tow a trailer. Many other SUVs that offer 3 row variants either reduce the tow rating, or eliminate the tow capability all together.

The question is can you still install the trailer hitch for the purposes of adding a hitch mounted bike rack. My guess is third party solutions will come along. Not sure if Mercedes will sell and install their factory hitch. The EQS may be too new to even get an answer from the dealerships.

I'm interested as well as we would like the option to install a hitch mounted bike rack. I've also been investigating the roof rails which supposedly are still in development by Thule. Thule makes the rails for the EQS sedan and supposedly will have them available for the SUV shortly. We need the rails to mount our ski rack to the roof.

Old 10-22-2022, 09:34 AM

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts
No Mercedes yet
Also getting the seat height was an issue as the dash is fairly high.
FYI, I found that the "Automatic Seat Positioning" function (select: Home -> Comfort -> Seat -> Automatic Seat Positioning) did a good job for me. This automatically sets up the seat position based on your height (which you enter on the screen).
Old 10-22-2022, 10:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 Acura NSX
Manitou202 thanks for your input. That makes sense “gross vehicle weight”. I really did not think that the frame had been changed to accommodate the hitch. So perhaps I can buy the OEM hitch which is hidden and hook it up, if not as you mention an aftermarket will work. I hope the rear bumper is not different. Thanks again

finlayson, thank you for your info concerning the seat set up. I imagined that a seat this good would have lumbar adjustments. I just did not know where to look.
Old 10-22-2022, 10:20 AM

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts
No Mercedes yet
I imagined that a seat this good would have lumbar adjustments. I just did not know where to look.
FYI, the lumbar adjustment is the round black control that's on the outside of the seat, near the front. See page 116 in the manual.
Old 10-22-2022, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Trailer Hitch

Originally Posted by manitou202
Currently you cannot configure a 3-row version with the tow hitch. My guess is it has to do with the gross vehicle weight rating. Adding the 3rd row increases the gross weight requirement because you need to be able to accommodate more people (thus more weight). As a result it lowers or eliminates the ability to tow a trailer. Many other SUVs that offer 3 row variants either reduce the tow rating, or eliminate the tow capability all together.

The question is can you still install the trailer hitch for the purposes of adding a hitch mounted bike rack. My guess is third party solutions will come along. Not sure if Mercedes will sell and install their factory hitch. The EQS may be too new to even get an answer from the dealerships.

I'm interested as well as we would like the option to install a hitch mounted bike rack. I've also been investigating the roof rails which supposedly are still in development by Thule. Thule makes the rails for the EQS sedan and supposedly will have them available for the SUV shortly. We need the rails to mount our ski rack to the roof.
I am in the same situation - love the car but will definitely not buy without a 2" hitch for a bike rack. Have talked to several dealers and their response is they don't know anything more than what is on the dealer ordering guide. Two dealers told me that MB would not even sell the hitch parts to me (don't know if this is actually true). So far the only solution is to go to a custom hitch mfg. and have them design and install the hitch. Seems ridiculous that you have to pay approximately $18000 to upgrade from a 450 4 Matic to an EQS 580 to get a trailer hitch. Hoping the option packages might change with the intro of the EQE SUV but that Dealer Ordering Guide is still probably several months out. Would love to hear other potential buyers input on this subject. PS - same problem with the BMW iX until Stealth Hitch recently came out with an aftermarket unit.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
Comapre your VIN with one without the 3rd row seats and use the latter to order parts or a body shop can order the parts for you.