EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Rear Seat Entertainment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 01:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS ordered, 2018 GLS
Rear Seat Entertainment

Just picked up my EQS 580 with rear seat entertainment. From what I can tell the only way to use the screens are through 2 mini hdmi cables. Regular hdmi cables do not work. I purchased adapters for lightning to hdmi to mini hdmi for iPhone use and usb c to hdmi to hdmi mini for iPad use. I did not see if you could connect directly to the usb c slots to play video. From what I can tell, there is no way to wirelessly stream to the screens.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:55 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
535i
You may be able to goto apps, open the web browser and goto any streaming site like YouTube or Netflix. We can do this on the passenger screen.
The following users liked this post:
SoCal888 (10-20-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 06:46 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by 580selblack
You may be able to goto apps, open the web browser and goto any streaming site like YouTube or Netflix. We can do this on the passenger screen.
I’m purposefully avoiding the system. It’s much easier for my children just to use their iPads and me not have to worry about them playing with the screens.
The following users liked this post:
JanM (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 06:49 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
Can confirm that you can use the car browser but it’s a hassle

i got a mini hdmi to hdmi cable then a hdmi to usb-c adapter and connected my son’s iPad. Works much easier
Old 10-10-2023, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 EQS 580
Is there anyway to turn off or disable to rear seat entertainment screens?
Old 10-11-2023, 01:04 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
EQS
Originally Posted by jacec
I’m purposefully avoiding the system. It’s much easier for my children just to use their iPads and me not have to worry about them playing with the screens.
We had the same idea, not that it is easier for them to use a tablet but the screens there would have caused a lot of unnecessary arguments during short trips where we don't want to give a tablet. We do have the pinnacle trim with the rear console tablet though but you can't do much with it. I actually wish Mercedes did a lot more with that tablet allowing rear seat passenger choose the music etc. As far as I can see, they can only do volume control and skip songs.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MB EQS 580 SUV Pinnacle Trim
Originally Posted by AstroCV
Just picked up my EQS 580 with rear seat entertainment. From what I can tell the only way to use the screens are through 2 mini hdmi cables. Regular hdmi cables do not work. I purchased adapters for lightning to hdmi to mini hdmi for iPhone use and usb c to hdmi to hdmi mini for iPad use. I did not see if you could connect directly to the usb c slots to play video. From what I can tell, there is no way to wirelessly stream to the screens.
if you have local movies then you can store them in your USB-C and stream to the tablet. Also i would recommend profiles for your family. This will allow them to log in and stream their own music if they need to. You can do both bluetooth and there is also a audio out for headphones.