EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

New Delivery How-To Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Delivery How-To Questions

So…I’m thrilled to have taken delivery today and I love the car. For those of you already with the car in your hands (or the EQS, I assume) a few quick questions to which I can not seem to find quick answers.

1. Apparently, one of the packages we configured included the, um, not subtle Mercedes logo projected on the ground. While to each their own, it is definitely not out style. I can’t figure out how to turn those off (and please, for all that is holy, tell me that it is able to be turned off). Please see the picture.

2. In the “less important” category, does anyone know if they’re is a way to have the “hey Mercedes” function react to a different query? For example, you can change “Hey Alexa” and (I think) “Hey Siri” to something else if you want. Curious if anyone has done this on their cars.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-10-2022, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
So…I’m thrilled to have taken delivery today and I love the car. For those of you already with the car in your hands (or the EQS, I assume) a few quick questions to which I can not seem to find quick answers.

1. Apparently, one of the packages we configured included the, um, not subtle Mercedes logo projected on the ground. While to each their own, it is definitely not out style. I can’t figure out how to turn those off (and please, for all that is holy, tell me that it is able to be turned off). Please see the picture.

2. In the “less important” category, does anyone know if they’re is a way to have the “hey Mercedes” function react to a different query? For example, you can change “Hey Alexa” and (I think) “Hey Siri” to something else if you want. Curious if anyone has done this on their cars.

Thanks in advance.
I do not believe you can change the Hey Mercedes key word, you can turn off the voice command though and simply use the steering wheel control. As for the puddle lights, I am not sure you can turn them off, however play with the different options in Settings -> Lighting and see if anything there makes a difference.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:32 PM

Thanks. Tried the Settings —> Lighting route and came up empty. I’m trying to disable “locator lighting” in the app but it’s not syncing. Will report back.
Old 11-13-2022, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 448 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500

Thanks in advance.
Activating/deactivating the locator lighting Multimedia system: Settings, Light, Interior/Exterior Lighting Activate or deactivate Locator Lighting. When the function is activated, the exterior lighting will light up for 40 seconds after the vehicle is unlocked or the driver's door is opened when the vehicle is parked and not locked. When you start the vehicle, the locator lighting will be deactivate
Old 11-14-2022, 07:09 AM

Thanks so much, I believe that worked.

OK…here’s one more for you. I’m sure I’m doing something incorrectly, but…is there a way for the car to sync a physical key to the corresponding user? I’m trying to determine if there’s a way for the seats to move into position prior to actually starting the car. Even hitting the “1” or “2” seat setting seems not be immediate if the car is off. Again, I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Thanks.

Old 11-14-2022, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Thanks so much, I believe that worked.

OK…here’s one more for you. I’m sure I’m doing something incorrectly, but…is there a way for the car to sync a physical key to the corresponding user? I’m trying to determine if there’s a way for the seats to move into position prior to actually starting the car. Even hitting the “1” or “2” seat setting seems not be immediate if the car is off. Again, I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Thanks.
I don’t believe so, MB doesn’t do key syncing.
Old 11-14-2022, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 927 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
The seat/steering wheel memory buttons work even when my 580 is turned off.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:55 PM

Interesting. My E450 does too - there has to be something going on. Thanks everyone.