Demand and resale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Clear, with a chance of shrinkage over time....

I did not try the automatic feature. I did spend a lengthy time with my salesperson making every possible adjustment manually within the full range of the seat in all directions and steering wheel, to no avail if I wish to see either the digital speedo at top center or the primary part of the speedo dial at the upper left quadrant AND also have the right arm/leg length and seat height. The wheel would have to be raised too high to clear the field of view. Tried different cluster graphic choices. Didn't help. Apparently, others of my height have had the same experience and dealer said one canceled an order placed before the first units arrived for this reason. Ask someone at your store above 6' tall to try it and please let us know how that goes. Meanwhile, I'm out until Hyperscreen which is somehow different for visibility of gauges, likely 2024MY production at the soonest in the Summer...or some change to the standard instrument cluster position.

My line of sight when properly seated.
Is your steering wheel fully raised? It looks like you could lift it up further.
The following users liked this post:
Radman991 (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 08:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS 450+ SUV

I am 6' 1" and this is my view. No issues at all. I started with the automatic position then tweaked it from there.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Clear, with a chance of shrinkage over time....

I did not try the automatic feature. I did spend a lengthy time with my salesperson making every possible adjustment manually within the full range of the seat in all directions and steering wheel, to no avail if I wish to see either the digital speedo at top center or the primary part of the speedo dial at the upper left quadrant AND also have the right arm/leg length and seat height. The wheel would have to be raised too high to clear the field of view. Tried different cluster graphic choices. Didn't help. Apparently, others of my height have had the same experience and dealer said one canceled an order placed before the first units arrived for this reason. Ask someone at your store above 6' tall to try it and please let us know how that goes. Meanwhile, I'm out until Hyperscreen which is somehow different for visibility of gauges, likely 2024MY production at the soonest in the Summer...or some change to the standard instrument cluster position.

My line of sight when properly seated.
It's not the above 6 foot height. I am just over 6 foot and I can see it without even having the steering wheel in the highest position.

Everyone is built differently. Ratio of torso height to leg length. Also how much weight you are sitting on which elevates you. Seems like you are outside the mold.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Is your steering wheel fully raised? It looks like you could lift it up further.
No, not fully raised, but raised to the comfort and control level of arms straight out with slight elbow kink. Raising it further helps the view but makes the wheel feel like I'm reaching up to the 10 and 2 positions too far. Here's the same position in my current car.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
It's not the above 6 foot height. I am just over 6 foot and I can see it without even having the steering wheel in the highest position.

Everyone is built differently. Ratio of torso height to leg length. Also how much weight you are sitting on which elevates you. Seems like you are outside the mold.
Possibly, but at 6'2" and 185lbs, not a weight issue. Apparently, this afflicts some more than others, as you suggest. Although our 2" height difference could be the relevant factor. My dealer reports he's hearing this from other tall people as well. I'll be waiting for Hyperscreen for my EQE SUV, which I tried in the EQS 580 and which has a different line of sight for reasons I cannot explain.

Last edited by Sportstick; 11-29-2022 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Possibly, but at 6'2" and 185lbs, not a weight issue. Apparently, this afflicts some more than others, as you suggest. Although our 2" height difference could be the relevant factor. My dealer reports he's hearing this from other tall people as well. I'll be waiting for Hyperscreen for my EQE SUV, which I tried in the EQS 580 and which has a different line of sight for reasons I cannot explain.
While functionally the same, you'll enjoy the Hyperscreen when you can land an EQE SUV.

BTW, I'm a measly 5' 10" but have no issues seeing the instrument panel of our Hyperscreen with the steering wheel in a perfect position for me. I find myself looking at the HUD display most of the time and rarely look at the instrument panel. Just my preference. I haven't test drove the EQS 450 SUV without the Hyperscreen so I don't know if it would work as well or not for someone my height.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by JoeMa
While functionally the same, you'll enjoy the Hyperscreen when you can land an EQE SUV.

BTW, I'm a measly 5' 10" but have no issues seeing the instrument panel of our Hyperscreen with the steering wheel in a perfect position for me. I find myself looking at the HUD display most of the time and rarely look at the instrument panel. Just my preference. I haven't test drove the EQS 450 SUV without the Hyperscreen so I don't know if it would work as well or not for someone my height.
It's not clear the EQE SUV will have a hyper screen. The EQE sedan is not offered with a hyper screen at this time.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
It's not clear the EQE SUV will have a hyper screen. The EQE sedan is not offered with a hyper screen at this time.
There may very well be supply chain issues with the Hyperscreen and the EQE SUV but every video I’ve seen of it shows it with a Hyperscreen so it’s logical to expect MB is planning to offer it in some of the higher-end models.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
There may very well be supply chain issues with the Hyperscreen and the EQE SUV but every video I’ve seen of it shows it with a Hyperscreen so it’s logical to expect MB is planning to offer it in some of the higher-end models.
These are also European-Spec cars, and press cars, so they are always spec'd to look and feel their best. All the EQS press cars were shown with auto comfort doors and we all know how that went Speaking of, there hasn't been a single EQS built with comfort doors right? I know a few early 450's had hyperscreens, but it seems like the comfort doors are pretty much DOA.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
MB recently has a tendency to show things in videos which don't exist in real life. Self-closing doors, hyper screens on EQE models, Burmester 4D sound on EQ models, Rear seat entertainment on the EQS sedan.

Originally Posted by js_cls
These are also European-Spec cars, and press cars, so they are always spec'd to look and feel their best. All the EQS press cars were shown with auto comfort doors and we all know how that went Speaking of, there hasn't been a single EQS built with comfort doors right? I know a few early 450's had hyperscreens, but it seems like the comfort doors are pretty much DOA.
This is not simply a temporary shortage of hyper screens on the EQE. There is no mention of the hyperscreen at all in the US ordering guide for either 350, 500 or AMG models. My sense is there is a pecking order. Right now it is restricted to EQS580 and EQS AMG for supply chain reasons. Then it may go to EQE AMG, then EQS 450, and then to the regular EQE models. I have no idea how long that cascade will take but my guess is multiple model years before we see it on an EQE500 or EQE350 in the USA.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 11-30-2022 at 11:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
chillysyrup (12-03-2022)