EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

ECO or ECO+ and heated windshield impact

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 10:59 AM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
ECO or ECO+ and heated windshield impact

There is not much information in the manual about the heated windshield option. I am curious to know if the warning about fogging windows applies when setting the ECO or ECO+ climate modes if the vehicle is equipped with the heated windshield. It would be nice is there was an indicator light to show the on/off status of the heated windshield.

I have not used the ECO or ECO+ modes yet, but I am considering trying them to see if doing so significantly improves Winter range.
Old 12-23-2022, 12:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS 450+ SUV
Originally Posted by fgwinn
There is not much information in the manual about the heated windshield option. I am curious to know if the warning about fogging windows applies when setting the ECO or ECO+ climate modes if the vehicle is equipped with the heated windshield. It would be nice is there was an indicator light to show the on/off status of the heated windshield.

I have not used the ECO or ECO+ modes yet, but I am considering trying them to see if doing so significantly improves Winter range.
Just curious but do you know the cost to replace a heated windshield? I take a lot of rock hits where I live.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
By law if you have comprehensive insurance coverage in Florida, windshield glass repair/replacement is at no owner cost. If the damage is in your driving line of sight the glass will be replaced otherwise it may be repaired.

Over the past 15 years, I've had 4 windshields replaced due to breakage caused by those *#!*#!* limestone mining trucks allowed on the highway. There is a statewide 800 number to call to arrange for repairs at your choice of approved shops. No interaction with your insurance company is needed.
Old 12-23-2022, 03:35 PM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan
I started testing eco for few days, our outside temp is 50f, there is no fog at all.

also AC eco doesn’t not impact to range as much as without eco on. Just extra 3 steps to turn on eco and press ok on fog warning
Old 12-23-2022, 04:02 PM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by guess2098
I started testing eco for few days, our outside temp is 50f, there is no fog at all.

also AC eco doesn’t not impact to range as much as without eco on. Just extra 3 steps to turn on eco and press ok on fog warning
What do you mean by "Press OK on fog warning"? Is this a setting somewhere?
Old 12-23-2022, 09:30 PM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan
Originally Posted by fgwinn
What do you mean by "Press OK on fog warning"? Is this a setting somewhere?
sorry somehow I thought I press ok or x when fog warning comes up. I didn't see it today
to turn on eco, need to press climate control, press eco, select eco again. fog warning will come up said using eco or eco plus will have fog blah blah