EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQS SUV AC Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 450+ SUV
EQS SUV AC Problem

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice.

I just leased an EQS 450+ SUV from out of my state. After driving it twice, the AC stopped cooling. I took it to the dealership, after a week they replaced the AC expansion valve. The AC worked for less than 6 hours and it stopped cooling again.

I'm going to have to take it to the dealership again and I'm sure it'll sit there for at least another week. The dealership just doesn't care, they provide no loaners and no rentals and this is my only car at the moment. MBUsa customer care didn't do much to help me other than say they are sorry.

I feel like I got a lemon. The dealership said it's the first time they touch an EQS for repairs, they are still learning about it. I don't know which route I should take: Is it too soon to try and have the dealership get the car back? How would it work? I'm going for my second repair and it needs to be three for the lemon law to kick in.

Thanks for any advice/opinions.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:04 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
2023 Mercedes ESQ SUV 580 ● 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
To address the first part of your statement, the A/C in my new EQS SUV 580 also stopped working. It also had a faulty expansion valve. It took the dealership 5 days to get the part (over a weekend), the 2 days to install it. I've driven 150 miles since repair. So far so good.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 927 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
I have been amazed over the years how many parts for minor MB repairs I have had that were not stocked here in the U.S. that had to be shipped overnight from Germany. Apparently MB thinks this is a better system….