EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQS 450 4Matic SUV brake pad and rotor wear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 08:29 PM

Received 259 Likes on 153 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
EQS 450 4Matic SUV brake pad and rotor wear

In preparation for the 20000 mile maintenance service next month I decided to check the condition of the rotors and brake pads. I wanted to know before hand what the measurements were in case the dealer attempts to sell me a brake job.

Unfortunately, I do not know what the measurements are for new rotors and pads so I can't be certain of the actual amount of wear. All measurements after 18200 miles on passenger side.

Front rotor: 32.9mm remaining. 30.4mm minimum stamped on rotor hub. Guessing that a new rotor is 33mm thick since there is no ridge on the edge of the rotor.

Rear rotor: 21.8mm remaining. 19.4mm minimum stamped on rotor hub. Guessing that a new rotor is 22mm thick since there is no ridge on the edge of the rotor.

Front pads: 8mm remaining on both inner and outer pads.

Rear pads: 7mm outer, 6mm inner.

Based upon these measurements I expect the rotors to last at least 100K miles. The pads should make it to 60K miles for the type of driving I do, which is 75% freeway. I don't use the Lane Keep Assist or Active Steering Assist since I dislike the amount of rear brake dust these features generate.

The following users liked this post:
jaramd (10-14-2023)