12 v and MBUX 2nd row capabilities

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS SUV 580
Talking 12 v and MBUX 2nd row capabilities

Hi all,

I'm now to forums as well as MB - but with a EQS SUB 580 incoming there are a few thought so be cleared.

I aim to purchase an inverter and run a few small items on 230V. Anybody do this?
I understand there should be a 12v outlet in the back of the car. What capacity does it have? Can it deliver 500W of power?

Second: I have opted for the extra MBUX High-End Entertainment system in 2nd row (two screens).
Can one connect a HDMI to each and run for example PS5 or Nintendo Switch to the screens? Individual source for each of the two screens?

Here you also see the 230V equipment...

Thanks in advance from the newbie
Old 09-04-2023, 01:11 PM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by TobiasAhl
Hi all,

I'm now to forums as well as MB - but with a EQS SUB 580 incoming there are a few thought so be cleared.

I aim to purchase an inverter and run a few small items on 230V. Anybody do this?
I understand there should be a 12v outlet in the back of the car. What capacity does it have? Can it deliver 500W of power?

Second: I have opted for the extra MBUX High-End Entertainment system in 2nd row (two screens).
Can one connect a HDMI to each and run for example PS5 or Nintendo Switch to the screens? Individual source for each of the two screens?

Here you also see the 230V equipment...

Thanks in advance from the newbie
I believe the 12v socket at the left side of the rear hatch opening is rated at 15A. So that translates to 180W (12v x 15A). The fuse for the circuit is 25A. So there is a chance that the socket is also 25A which would calculate to 300W. But since the 12v accessory socket in most newer MBs is rated at 15A, I suspect that the one in the EQS is also 15A.