EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

My Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 SUV and a chargepoint flex charger at home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 Plus
My Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 SUV and a chargepoint flex charger at home

I'm on my second charge point flex charger, and I've checked all the settings on both my car and my charge point flex charger. There are no restrictions of any kind, the halo on the charge point charger turns green. I plug it into my EQS level 2 charging port, the car detects a cable connected. The charge point charger however says "not plugged in". The Halo on the charge point charger is supposed to pulse blue, the moment I connect to my Mercedes, and it should start charging. When I go to one of my city level to chargers, I plug it in it immediately starts charging. Anybody else have this problem, and if you solved it how did you solve it? Both Mercedes and chargepoint tech support Have run into a brick wall. If I do return this level two charger, any other brand that you guys might recommend? My level three chargers on electrify America work like a charm!
Old 09-17-2023, 10:41 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
EQS
Do you have a friend with another EV that you can try? Also can be a stupid question but did you activate the charger from the app and set it up?

In my case I had to call customer service because first setup failed and they needed to fix something in my account.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:22 AM

Yes that is a good idea. Let me try my other EV and see if it charges. I did have Chargepoint support on the line and this is my second charger. They suspected the first charger cable was defective so we returned the first charger completely and got a new one.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:21 AM

@sarhoshamiral Thanks for the clue. I put it on my second EV and same result. So I concluded that there must be something wrong with the wiring and looked at the instructions again and I had forgotten to connect the White 4-pin connector. Look at the image attached. Works like a charm now

Incorrect wiring causing a connection error on a ChargePoint Home Flex Level 2 charger
Old 09-18-2023, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Nice easy fix, good news!