EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQS580 Seat cover fit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS580
Angry EQS580 Seat cover fit

Just bought an EQS580, pleased with most everything except the fit of the seat cover on the passenger seat. Seat foam is exposed, especially when the bump out behind the knees is extended. Design flaw in our minds. Anyone else experiencing this and had a dealer solution? After paying $120k should not have this type of quality issue.

example of exposed seat foam

Last edited by mhrhayw; 09-22-2023 at 07:51 AM. Reason: update
The following users liked this post:
chassis (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 08:40 AM

Received 259 Likes on 153 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
I had a similar issue with my driver side seat cover. Attached photo shows what the seat looked like when I took delivery last October. I expected to get a replacement cover in a couple of weeks. It took 10 months to get the Napa leather seat cover shipped from Germany. The seat cover (not the cushion) was replaced along with one rear door handle that was not working. Total cost to repair would have been $1963.65 in parts and $513.00 labor if these two repairs had not been covered by the factory warranty. I doubt if the seat cover repair would be covered by an extended or CPO warranty.

You should have the dealer look at the seat cover before it deteriorates further and the plastic bar is exposed like it was on my car seat.

On a positive note.... The color of the replacement seat cover matches the rest of the seat perfectly.

Old 09-22-2023, 09:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by mhrhayw
Just bought an EQS580, pleased with most everything except the fit of the seat cover on the passenger seat. Seat foam is exposed, especially when the bump out behind the knees is extended. Design flaw in our minds. Anyone else experiencing this and had a dealer solution? After paying $120k should not have this type of quality issue.

example of exposed seat foam
This is archetypal MB non-quality. There really are too many examples of MB as a poor quality manufacturer. This is the S-Class of electric SUVs, right? For sure it's not the Cullinan of electric SUVs. Probably not the Bentayga of electric SUVs.

Adient or Lear make the seats for Vance. MB owns responsibility for either the design itself, or for approving both the supplier's design and manufacturing output and quality performance.

167 launched with seat complaints, one of the more common ones was torn or broken MB-Tex perforations. Not quality.

If anyone pays any attention at all to this minor (in the eyes of MB) defect, the finger will first point to the seat supplier. The seat supplier may very well be able to make the case that the statistical possibility of manufacturing tolerances, which MB approved, result in the pictured condition. Or not, in which case the supplier pays MB for replacement seats.

Last edited by chassis; 09-22-2023 at 09:36 AM.