EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Hyper Screen Scratches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C240 4Matic
Hyper Screen Scratches

Love my EQS580 and this beautiful space ship Hyper Screen!

While away on business my father took the car out for some trips around town. Intimidated by the technology he found it best to rest his iPhone on the driver portion gauge cluster of the screen for navigation support.

Having taken the car out this weekend, I noticed when the sun hits my driver display I see some mild scratches on that portion of the screen that are annoying the living OCD out of me. Literally right in my gauge cluster field of view.

I’ve heard this is gorilla glass on the Hyper Screen, but scared to use any type of polish / toothpaste / glaze in fear of making the scratches worse or removing any AR coating.

Anyone have any experience or advice on how to best handle / hide these little 3cm scratches. They are not swirls and seem a bit deeper than your typical iPhone screen scratches you get from car keys.

TIA
Old 10-11-2023, 03:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
1985 380SL, 2022 EQS 450+
Don't try to polish or treat the scratches as you said... the coatings on the screen will wear and it'll make things even worse! If you absolutely cannot live with it, I might try putting a screen protector on - the adhesive layer on them usually help reduce the appearance of scratches.
Old 10-13-2023, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by allsideswater
Don't try to polish or treat the scratches as you said... the coatings on the screen will wear and it'll make things even worse! If you absolutely cannot live with it, I might try putting a screen protector on - the adhesive layer on them usually help reduce the appearance of scratches.
this - the anti reflective coating scratches quite easily as I saw on a couple loaner EQS cars - screen protector will hide them!
Old 04-14-2024, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C240 4Matic
6 Month Update: Developing more scratches. Living with it all. This one sucks this most. Wish they used a better AR Coating for such a high touch area.

any advice at all how to minimize this guy?