EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

MBUX Online music issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 01:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS SUV 580
Question MBUX Online music issues?

Hi, anyone else having issues with Spotify playback? I use car's direct internet connection (Vodafone) to listen spotify as the sound quality and volume are better compared to bluetooth streaming.
However, spotify occasionally disappears from the media screen completely and sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes to start. Anyone else seeing this same issue? I have MBUX version E330

Old 11-20-2023, 01:31 PM

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
I'm on E330. Vodafone/Telenor internet-in-the-car connection. And yes, I think it takes disappointingly long for Spotify to start up. Sometimes, but not always. What is "disappointingly long"? About 2 minutes.
It's not a big deal for me, really, as I'm probably not even out of the garage in 2 minutes. It's just that I notice it and wonder "Why does it have to be this way?" when the technology is capable of so much better than this.
My Spotify icon does not disappear from the screen, however.
Old 12-22-2023, 02:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS SUV 580
I got a reply from MB that the issue was on their side (server side issue) and it's now fixed. Sadly Spotify stil takes some time (30-90 seconds) to load after starting the car.
The following users liked this post:
ScottC2 (12-22-2023)
Old 01-26-2024, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 S206
Spotify issues

I also uses spotify over Vodaphone as the music quality is so much better than Carplay/bluetooth connection. Just wondering why you need to wait 1-2 min for connection every start. Very annoying for me. I tried with Apple music as well, this gives me same waiting time.
But no, I don't have similar issues. Only very rare occasions that music stops and I think it is due to lack of Internet connection from Vodaphone.