EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Likely to forego post warranty repairs that don't impact safety or driveability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 09:59 AM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Likely to forego post warranty repairs that don't impact safety or driveability

In 14 months I have had three warranty repairs on my EQS SUV totaling about $5300 not including Sales Tax.

1) Replaced rear passenger side door handle that could not be opened or locked from the outside. The door could be opened from the inside and the handle would extend if any other door was opened from the outside. Post warranty cost, $500.

2) Replaced driver side Nappa leather front seat cushion that could not be properly secured. Post warranty cost, $2000.

3) Replaced left front headlight assembly that was causing Parking Light and DTR Light warning messages even though the lights were functioning. Post warranty cost, $2800.

If the warranty had already expired I would have probably just lived with these three items rather than come up with $5K for the repairs.
Old 12-14-2023, 03:42 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
EQE350 SUV 4MATIC
3-5 warranty repairs for my car. They would be so annoying post warranty that I would not be able to live with them in that condition. No extended warranty available here, at least not yet.
Old 12-14-2023, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,841 Likes on 2,567 Posts
2019 C63CS
That's the point of the warranty. You want things to fail early, so they get addressed while the car is still under warranty. It's not unusual to have a number of warranty repairs during the initial 1-2 years. I always decided to keep a car past the warranty based on what came up during the second half of the warranty. I expect loose ends for the first 2 years, but the second 2 years should be largely problem free and if they are then it's a keeper, but if issues continue all the way through the 4 year warranty, then it's time to get rid of it. Particularly electronic components follow the so-called bathtub failure rate curve. Electronics either fail early or they fail towards the end of their life expectancy.
The following users liked this post:
LAZARU5 (12-14-2023)