EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Check coolant level warning message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 11:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Mercedes Benz EQS 580 SUV, Audi R8 Performance Quattro, Porsche Cayman S
Check coolant level warning message

The title says. I get this every time I drive. Taking in for dealership tomorrow. Anyone had this issue before?
Old 01-03-2024, 12:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2023 Mercedes ESQ SUV 580 ● 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
I own a Volvo XC40 electric along with a EQS SUV 580. Even though my EQS has never had that warning, my Volvo did a few weeks ago. The Volvo dealership topped it off for me and I was out of there in a half hour.
Old 01-03-2024, 02:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Mercedes Benz EQS 580 SUV, Audi R8 Performance Quattro, Porsche Cayman S
Thanks. That’s what happened to me. They topped it off and checked for leaks (no leaks). Thanks
Old 01-10-2024, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
96 S 420
I was getting the same thing.

It happened once before during a fairly aggressive right turn (on ramp to highway) and I didn't think much of it then.

flash forward, getting the same message starting about 2 weeks ago. No smell of coolant or noticeable leaks on the ground. was due for service so I added a cup of water each time (happened 2 or 3 times) to make the warning go away until my service apt. last Thursday the heating system valve (something on the firewall that directs heat or something) failed and dumped all the coolant. was able to get off the road and towed to the shop. $76 part but a couple hours labor. not the worst thing.

2013 S550 with 148,000 miles.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:56 PM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by KingsoverQueens

It happened once before during a fairly aggressive right turn (on ramp to highway) and I didn't think much of it then.

flash forward, getting the same message starting about 2 weeks ago. No smell of coolant or noticeable leaks on the ground. was due for service so I added a cup of water each time (happened 2 or 3 times) to make the warning go away until my service apt. last Thursday the heating system valve (something on the firewall that directs heat or something) failed and dumped all the coolant. was able to get off the road and towed to the shop. $76 part but a couple hours labor. not the worst thing.

The OP is discussing a battery coolant leak in an EQS EV. Your experience with a low coolant warning message for the ICE in your S550 really is not relevant.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eqs 450+
Originally Posted by KingsoverQueens

i had the same issue ...i took it to my dealership .... the guys took a quick look under the hood ....and noticed the coolant was a little low. They just topped it off for free and it was fine after.