EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

System Reboot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 02:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
03 SL500
System Reboot

Is there is system reboot? some combination of buttons or things to press to just have the system start all over?

I am asking specifically because my digital key was not working. i kept getting an error saying the key was not detected, but the bluetooth was connected.
I went to the wallet and “used” the card but it still couldn’t find.
I just wanted to reboot the system.

it finally worked ( elapsed time 15 mins, including walking away from the car and going into a building) the fix seems to be making an outbound call on the phone to get the key to recognize.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
I think you can press and hold the power button (the one for the MBUX, not the "engine" start/stop button) until the screen goes black and shows the Mercedes-EQ logo again.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:48 PM

03 SL500
This is what I was looking for!
Although, I did hold the "engine" button down, and then held the Home button down before I re-read and figured out the POWER button!

thank you!
The following users liked this post:
QuadBenz (04-25-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 580 SUV
System Reboot

While on a road trip my vehicle bricked while charging in Lawton, Oklahoma. The vehicle was dead and completely unresponsive. MB Roadside Assistance instructed me to perform a hard reboot of the operating system. The instructions were (while seated inside the vehicle) to lock and unlock the vehicle three times in succession by using the key fob and then wait 15-20 minutes seated in the vehicle for the system to reboot. After the waiting period the system rebooted to the original factory settings. All personal settings were lost but I was able to continue my trip.

My understanding (which may not be correct) is that depressing the power button until the screen changes reboots the MBUX but not the operating system.
Old 04-27-2024, 02:41 PM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by desertowl
While on a road trip my vehicle bricked while charging in Lawton, Oklahoma. The vehicle was dead and completely unresponsive. MB Roadside Assistance instructed me to perform a hard reboot of the operating system. The instructions were (while seated inside the vehicle) to lock and unlock the vehicle three times in succession by using the key fob and then wait 15-20 minutes seated in the vehicle for the system to reboot. After the waiting period the system rebooted to the original factory settings. All personal settings were lost but I was able to continue my trip.

My understanding (which may not be correct) is that depressing the power button until the screen changes reboots the MBUX but not the operating system.
Very interesting!
I've read about this "reboot procedure" many times, but this is the first time I've read that it must be done while sitting IN THE CAR. I will make a note of it, in case the oft-mentioned "go away from the car" technique does not work !
Old 04-27-2024, 02:59 PM

03 SL500
Thank you for posting! I will def keep this in mind.
I woudl have been screwed since I only had the digital key in my Apple Wallet so couldn't lock and unlock, but fortunately, rebooting MBUX seemed to do the trick. The digital key has been working as expected since then.

I will def make a note of the process you followed though! Thank you again for posting it!
Old 04-27-2024, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
You can also press and hold the Power button (on the small control panel in front of the center console storage area) until the system restarts and you see the MB logo appear. I find this method useful if the system is having difficulty connecting to my iPhone for CarPlay.

BTW, you can perform this method even while driving but best if it's done while parked.