EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Unable to configure EQS 580 SUV Pinnacle Trim in Netstar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 06:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS
Unable to configure EQS 580 SUV Pinnacle Trim in Netstar

I've been waiting since Nov 2023 for a build slot for my 2024 EQS SUV 580. I pinged them and a new sales person responded saying they configure my order as a 2025 model year and they have a build slot for that. So I go down to the dealership and they quickly run into a problem - the 2025 EQS 580 SUV does not have DY2 (Pinnacle Trim) in Netstar. This doesn't make sense since the 2025 order guide for the SUV clearly has a Pinnacle trim and also lists some options that require the Pinnacle trim. Does anyone know if this is just a bug in Netstar and if so whether a fix is in the works? On a related note has anyone successfully ordered the 2025 EQS 580 SUV with Pinnacle trim?
Old 07-08-2024, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 281 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
I do not know the answer but find it interesting that MB hasn't built a single 2024 EQS 580 SUV this year. Sales must be dismal because the only variants I see in inventory are the 350 and 450 SUV's. And there is talk that the EQS SUV may be moved out of the Alabama plant to Germany in favor of the upcoming EQC SUV. MB is learning quickly that the move to all electric vehicles is a bumpy road. Frankly, they need to finalize their agreement with Tesla and ship all MB EQ owners a "Free" adapter so we can access the Super Charger network when traveling. Until then, the current infrastructure will continue to stifle new sales. And while they're at it, lower the MSRP's of all EQ models - significantly!

We love our 2023 EQS 580 SUV but the resale value after less than two years with only 13K miles is disappointing to say the least. We normally get a new car every three years but this massive depreciation may keep us in this car for a few extra years unless a dealer comes up with a great trade offer via incentives from Mercedes.

So unless you're getting a great deal for a 2025 EQS 580 SUV (12% to 15% off MSRP minimum), I wouldn't buy one at this time. Just my humble, real-life, experience talking. Best wishes.
Old 07-09-2024, 07:33 PM

Received 258 Likes on 152 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by JoeMa
....We love our 2023 EQS 580 SUV but the resale value after less than two years with only 13K miles is disappointing to say the least. We normally get a new car every three years but this massive depreciation may keep us in this car for a few extra years unless a dealer comes up with a great trade offer via incentives from Mercedes....
My situation is much worse than yours since I am approaching 42K miles. I think the retail value of my 20-month old $121K EQS SUV is close to $60K. It will take a another hit when the warranty expires in a few short months. Fortunately, it's been trouble free and I have rationalized keeping it until 100K miles before moving on. The other thing that is holding me back from switching to something else is the relatively low annual maintenance.

Last edited by LAZARU5; 07-09-2024 at 07:37 PM.