EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQS 450 SUV: Navigation display questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 06:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS450
EQS 450 SUV: Navigation display questions

Hello, I'm struggling to iron out some nuances of the MBUX display. I have a 2024 EQS 450 SUV.

Questions:
1. Every time I turn, an AR display shows up on the main screen that overlays the map - I know I can hit X to close it, and also press the "AR" button to not display it for the session, but I want to permanently turn it off. I found a previous thread that points to specific pages in the manual, but none of those pages mention it in mine (or I am missing it). This is my manual. Could someone please let me know exactly what I need to do? The manual is an encyclopedia...

2. The map keeps zooming out (especially on highways where I have several miles to go) - I'd prefer the Google/Apple maps view which is always zoomed in to show the road I am on. Is this possible? I know I can use CarPlay, but that takes off some other widgets like music and others from the same screen.

Thanks.

Old 07-15-2024, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
1. Go to navigation, go to the little settings wheel, you can permanently turn off AR in here.

2. Go to navigation, go to the little settings wheel, you can permanently turn off auto-zoom here. It will stay zoomed in on whatever level you choose.
Old 07-15-2024, 01:23 PM

EQS450
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
1. Go to navigation, go to the little settings wheel, you can permanently turn off AR in here.

2. Go to navigation, go to the little settings wheel, you can permanently turn off auto-zoom here. It will stay zoomed in on whatever level you choose.
I know I am going to sound stupid. But for the life of me, I can't find what you are referring to. What does "go to navigation" mean here?
I can't see a gear on the maps screen, when I go to settings, I can't find anything to do with navigation.

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2024, 01:41 PM

EQS450
OH. MY. WORD.

1. I had to actually map a route and tap "let's go"
2. That in turn brought up a small widget for the route on the top left
3. I had to tap on that route widget - it then expanded (no indication it would)
4. _THEN_ there was the elusive gear icon and the options inside of it.

I am aghast this is the only way to get to the settings.