Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by nosnoop
I would disagree.
It is not a "bargain" when they on purpose software limit the power, and ask you extra money to "unlock" it.
They have made the 450 (and the EQE 350) uncompetitive with other cars in the same class.
You bought the hardware, and you should be entitled to the full potential of the hardware in the first place!

It's like you bought a laptop with 16GB RAM, but you can only use 8GB.
The laptop manufacturer asked you to pay $$$ to let you use the other 8GB RAM - and you would call that a bargain?

AMG is quite different. Apart from the motor (which I am not sure if it is the same), the suspension, brakes etc are upgraded. The steering wheel has extra control, Dynamic Select have extra modes.
The trims and wheels are different. So you can never "software upgrade" into an AMG version.
Regardless if we think is fair or not that is the new paradigm of cars. For exaple 15k for "full autopilot) subscription services to unlock 10degree rear steer and so on. I agree its bull but its the new wave in luxury brands. software is the new hardware. And dont pay much attention to the AMG hype, the suspension "improvements" could simply be air suspension calibration, the steel brakes are essentially identical on both cars. A good the MB 4 liter V8 hybrid, a simple "tune" will get the plain jane 580 to the same output as the 63 version.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 586 Posts
N/A
New order guide posted with information about the new Manufaktur Signature Editions.